• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eric
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2016

Hello from MN

Hi all, first time long time and such. I have been wanting to get a 6.5 Grendel for years, and finally had the cash to build an upper. I got the wife on board by talking about all the venison this can get, so the pressure is on for next season.

Here's the rifle:

Here's the build list:
    AA 18" light barrel
    PWS FSC30 brake
    Odin Works adjustable gas block
    Chandler Hardwoods M-Lok 15" HG that my friend cerakoted
    Aero Precision upper, no FA
    Toolcraft nitrided BCG
    Weaver Tactical 2-10x36 FFP
    All on the lower from my 3-gun rifle: Mag Tactical lightweight lower with a LaRue MBT2-S trigger

I tuned the gas and sighted in at the longest range I have access to right now, unfortunately only 50 yds. I shot mostly ELD-M, which did really well but I failed to get a group. Here is the group from a box of old A-Max, I assume the ELD would do the same but will confirm.

I've already learned a lot reading this forum, and just want to thank you guys. I hope down the road I can contribute a little as well.

Thanks again,
    Eric
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Eric; 01-12-2018, 05:30 PM. Reason: HG, not upper
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Eric and looks like a great rifle!

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, Eric, from the Great Nation of Texas! Good lookin' rig and a good shooter as well!

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Welcome in from a fellow frozen Minnesotan. Keep in touch, after the cold snap calms down, I'll contact BFT- We can all do a lunch or dinner ? , it's always a good time.

Which range are you going to? Iv'e seen Federal Grrr brass on the floor at Bill's in Lino Lakes. And Yes, BFT & I grabbed it all.

You must hunt above the Hwy 95 borderline from shotgun to rifle as I do.

Nice rifle, and report BTW.
        Last edited by sneaky one; 01-12-2018, 10:57 PM.

Comment

• Eric
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2016

Thanks, guys.

Sneaky One, I'm on the north side so I usually go to Bill's in Circle Pines or Forest Lake if there's a match. A get together would be great, let me know. I wish I just found Grendel brass at the range... I'm not reloading yet but I'm saving my brass for that day.

I'll be hunting on a friend's land up near Brainerd, so safely in the rifle zone. That should be a great time.

Comment

• sneaky one
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

North also-2.5 miles west of Bills.

Comment

• earlwb
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2017

Welcome to the forum from here in Texas. Your build is looking pretty good there too.

Comment

Working...
              X