Anyone try out the Culper Precision ambidextrous side charger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dpr64
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2016

Anyone try out the Culper Precision ambidextrous side charger?

Ran across this and was wondering if anyone has seen one in the wild? Quality and function? Similar to the Lar Grizzly it appears..justin-side-charge-handle-sized.jpgbrandon-side-charge-side-1-sized.jpg
  • howl
    Warrior
    • Nov 2015

Looks like it has plenty of opening for bark to work into.

Comment

• JethroBodine
      Bloodstained
      • Apr 2017

They look like the ones Crosshill Technology used to make. I'm not sure if they are still in business. I have a couple of the Crosshill's and like them a lot.

You do have to be careful due to the charging handle reciprocating with the bolt and the upper portion of the bolt release is cut off. They are heavy, definitely not for a light weight build.

Comment

• Tex Nomex
        Warrior
        • Dec 2017

Looks just like the LAR ambi to me.
        Seems to have a bolt carrier similar to the later LAR bolt carriers, as well.
        Also looks like the original LAR charging handle which has a nice feel, but is not as stout as it should be if it's still got aluminum above the threads. The BCA handle will fit and is made of stronger material.

If it's the same as the LAR, the bare upper receiver weighs ~ 10 oz. Bare bolt carrier with key ~ 10 oz.
        "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
        -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Comment

• GaCop
          Bloodstained
          • Apr 2017

Looks identical to the Bear Creek side charge I have on my long range 223 Wylde chambered varmint weight barrel set up. Works great, I like it a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X