• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donhov43
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2017

My new 6.5 build

Built an Anderson Lower with a 22mods4all 16" upper. Perty basic setup. Bought 200 rounds of Wolf 100 grain and took it to the range. Sorry forgot an E-Bay tactical no name scope with build it red laser. Build went well and got to the range last week. Shot 100 rounds, no problems. Clean function and quite accurate. Kept at a 1" grouping after aligning the scope and was able to keep most in the center ring. Shocked me with the accuracy. I'm old (75) and a bit shakey so even from a home made rest to keep this close to the center of target seriosly surprised me. Recoil is slightly more than my 556 AR but no more than my AK47.

Info from Seller:
    "The rails are made from Ghost Firearms, the barrels are from Bear Creek and the bolt carrier groups are nitride and come from four different companies. All depends on who has what we need at the time and the price."
    Total 16" barrel with 15" free float key mod guard with Bolt and carrier was $349. Anderson Lower with complete build kit was $139 including cheap stock. So end result is a complete weapon for under $500. Don't think I did to bad at that price.

Laura
    Overall quite a package. Kinda wish I'd gone witht he 18" barrel but mostly target shooting so 16" will have to do.

Sorry I havent a way to post a picture yet but hopefull will be able to later.
    Last edited by donhov43; 01-15-2018, 02:43 AM.
  • earlwb
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2017

Sounds like a nice setup. I think you will be Ok with a 16 inch barrel, nothing really wrong with it. A longer barrel would let you get a little more muzzle velocity, but it isn't the end of the world, if you do not have a longer barrel.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Sounds good donhov43 welcome to the forum!

Comment

• bj139
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2017

Welcome to the forum, Don.
        I like budget builds as well. I sounds like you put together a nice one.
        I am 60 so I remember when everyone was trying to save money instead of spending it like water.
        Grendels are inherently accurate as you found.
        I managed to get a 0.912 MOA five shot group from my first Grendel, a 16" BCA barrel.
        Grendels are addictive so now I have 4 but they are all budget Grendels.

Comment

Working...
        X