• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vipereaper30
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2018

Hello from the Stan

Hey everyone, I've been lurking for a little bit but decided to join as I'm starting to buy parts for several builds. Looking to start with three or four rifles from 12 to 20" to cover all my bases. I'm deployed for a few more months and hoping to have everything waiting for me when I get back so thanks in advance for the great advice here!

-VR30
  • bakabone25
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Welcome to the horde vipereaper30, and thanks for your service. Im thinking you will be addicted to the GRRR as we all have become.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welecome to the Forum vipereaper30 and I agree, thank you for your service! Can’t hardly beat the 18” Faxon Group buy barrel for $195 and a monster group buy 6.5 Grendel bolt. The 18” Faxon barrel is 1:8 twist, midlength gas 416R Stainless Steel 5R rifling with QPQ black finish with 5/8X24 threaded muzzle. I couldn’t resist and just built my fourth 6.5 Grendel AR-15 with the Faxon 18” GB barrel.

Comment

• Texas
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum vipereaper30 from North Texas. Thank you for your service!

Comment

• just_john
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, vipereaper30, from the Great Nation of Texas! Thank you for your service.

Comment

• PRL4314
            Unwashed
            • Jan 2018

Hello all, just joined, found your site while trying to find several answers to questions I had on my first Grendel build. The build is based around the AA 24" Overwatch barrel, and is complete, and I have six different loads to try, all w/123 Lapua Scenar bullets, except here in NNY, all the ranges are buried under feet of snow. Guess I'll have to wait until at least March to burn some powder. About myself, retired, after over 25 years of solving other peoples problems in the NYSP, and now, unable to hunt very much due to three back surgeries, none of which helped, I thought I'd do a little bench rest shooting.

Comment

• just_john
              Chieftain
              • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, PRL4313, from the Great Nation of Texas! You will find the Grendel to the an absolute delight to shoot - especially with back problems. With a little planning and judicious choices in gas and buffer systems there is virtually no recoil. Have a nephew, paralyzed from mid-back down from a severed spine who loves shooting his. Keep us posted on your build plans and with pix of the results. We all love success stories!

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by PRL4314 View Post
                Hello all, just joined, found your site while trying to find several answers to questions I had on my first Grendel build. The build is based around the AA 24" Overwatch barrel, and is complete, and I have six different loads to try, all w/123 Lapua Scenar bullets, except here in NNY, all the ranges are buried under feet of snow. Guess I'll have to wait until at least March to burn some powder. About myself, retired, after over 25 years of solving other peoples problems in the NYSP, and now, unable to hunt very much due to three back surgeries, none of which helped, I thought I'd do a little bench rest shooting.

Welcome to the forum PRL4314! Retired LE from ISP so thank you for your service and sorry to hear about your back problems. I hope you enjoy your 6.5 Grendel.

Comment

Working...
                X