• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sniper338
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

Need Handguard HELP!

24 inch satern bull 6.5 Grendel barrel..
    .936 SLR adjustable gas block.

Need new handguard that will fit with this gas block and barrel combo... AND is round on the bottom for the Rempel f class bipod mount... need 1.45 or larger inside diameter, 15+ length handguard..

Put this new gas block on and my hand guard wont fit. It hits the gas block and blinds, wont free float, wont screw on...
  • mdram
    Warrior
    • Sep 2016

midwest has some with an ID of 1.75
    AR-15 suppressor compatible handguards from Midwest Industries, a U.S. manufacturer of quality tactical rifle accessories. Quality components, competitive pricing, and top notch customer service.
    just some targets for printing
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• sschefer
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2018

Why not go with a mid length 2 piece. At that point size doesn't matter.. Jeeeezzzee, I can't believe I said that... LOL.. Seriously, before I learned better, I would always put a 15" handguard on a rifle length barrel. It just seemed right. Now I use mid length handguards and like it much better. It's also easier to tune that new gas block.

Comment

• Sniper338
        Warrior
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by sschefer View Post
        Why not go with a mid length 2 piece. At that point size doesn't matter.. Jeeeezzzee, I can't believe I said that... LOL.. Seriously, before I learned better, I would always put a 15" handguard on a rifle length barrel. It just seemed right. Now I use mid length handguards and like it much better. It's also easier to tune that new gas block.
        I like the long handguards for getting the f class bipod as far out on the gun as I can. Wish I could find a 20-22 inch handguard...

Comment

• sschefer
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Sniper338 View Post
          I like the long handguards for getting the f class bipod as far out on the gun as I can. Wish I could find a 20-22 inch handguard...
          Gotcha, got access to a tig welder? you can cut one up and make it as long as you want.

Comment

• bj139
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2017

Dare I suggest this? Schedule 40 electrical PVC. Just larger than 1-9/16" ID.
            You could make it as long as you like.
            24" handguard on 24" barrel. Sounds like my next project.

6x45-IMG_20180118_140542 (Medium).jpg
            Last edited by bj139; 01-21-2018, 11:11 AM.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
              Warrior
              • Jul 2017

I know this would call for a new upper receiver, but the aero precision handguards for its enhanced upper have a quite large inner diameter, definitely over 1.75". Unfortunately I'm not sure of the exact size off the top of my head and am not in the position to measure mine right now but am certain it would fit almost any gas block.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                Chieftain
                • May 2016

Originally posted by Dcommoncents View Post
                I know this would call for a new upper receiver, but the aero precision handguards for its enhanced upper have a quite large inner diameter, definitely over 1.75". Unfortunately I'm not sure of the exact size off the top of my head and am not in the position to measure mine right now but am certain it would fit almost any gas block.
                They make a barrel nut that allows you to mount an enhanced handguard to a standard receiver
                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                  Chieftain
                  • Oct 2016

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
                  Dare I suggest this? Schedule 40 electrical PVC. Just larger than 1-9/16" ID.
                  You could make it as long as you like.
                  24" handguard on 24" barrel. Sounds like my next project.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10864[/ATTACH]
                  Given my experience with PVC plastics, I would wish anyone good luck in conditions colder than freezing when the inevitable shatter occurs. Good idea, but probably not F class material. There’s got to be reasonable durability standards, flexibility, rigidity, and reliability. I have to admit though, watching a guy show up at and even win an f class event with a pvc pipe on the end of the gun would be an astonishing and thusly hilarious occasion.

Now, who’s gonna do a sch40 bi-pod?!?
                  Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• bj139
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                    Given my experience with PVC plastics, I would wish anyone good luck in conditions colder than freezing when the inevitable shatter occurs. Good idea, but probably not F class material. There’s got to be reasonable durability standards, flexibility, rigidity, and reliability. I have to admit though, watching a guy show up at and even win an f class event with a pvc pipe on the end of the gun would be an astonishing and thusly hilarious occasion.

Now, who’s gonna do a sch40 bi-pod?!?
                    I do realize these are often beauty contests for guns.

I have seen my share of aluminum that has cracked.

In freezing conditions, aluminum feels VERY COLD due to high thermal conductivity.

As far as a bipod: Bipods need adjustability, something which would be difficult for PVC. Handguards don't.

Simple tubes are simple tubes.
                    Last edited by bj139; 01-23-2018, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• Timmy2Knives
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jun 2017

Have you seen this gadget before?

Comment

• biodsl
                        Chieftain
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Timmy2Knives View Post
                        Here's a video review by Rex https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kgY493OESk
                        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• bj139
                          Chieftain
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by biodsl View Post
                          Here's a video review by Rex https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kgY493OESk
                          Rex is my favorite YouTuber. No nonsense.

I sense a schedule 40 bipod extension in my future.

Gotta walk the dog now and think about bipod extension design.

This device might need its own thread in the future.

Comment

Unwashed
                            • Jun 2017

I extend bipods on square aluminum tubing screwed to the bottom of AR hanguards. Works well because it reduces angular displacement at the muzzle caused by any movement at the rear of the gun.

Comment

Working...
                            X