• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Adjuster
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2018

Hello, checking in from Florida

New to the forum and also new to the 6.5 Grendel. Just purchased a BCA 24 inch stainless upper. Looking forward to shooting it and reloading for it. I will update once a get chance to zero it in and give a range report and let you know how the Bear Creek Arsenal performs.
    Looking forward to gathering the vast wealth of information from this site. Thanks
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum The Adjuster! If your going to shoot past 800-900 yards close to sea level you might need a 20 MOA mount to get enough elevation on your scope. If your scope has 70 MOA of elevation adjustment with a 0 cant mount you only have roughly 35 MOA of adjustment. Having a 24” barrel gives higher velocity for sure but just a heads up if your going to be shooting 123 grain match bullets at long range.

Comment

• The Adjuster
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2018

Thanks for the advise VASCAR2. The only public range that even comes close around here is 500 yards. I have not yet picked out a scope and mounts.

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

If your only going to shoot to 500 yards you'll be good to go with about any mount and scope. I shoot at 450' ASL most of the time and my 16" non free floated barrel 6.5 Grendel would shoot better than 1 MOA at 600 yards with my 3-9X40 Mark AR mil dot scope. This was with factory 123 grain A-Max but I've gotten similar results using reloads using 123 grain Nosler Custom Competition.

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum The Adjuster.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
            Chieftain
            • Oct 2016

Welcome, Adjuster. Do; read up. There are really interesting threads especially down at the bottom. Lots of folks have left wisdom along the way, which is the biggest benefit of this board. Learn, then leave some of your own!
            Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
            X