• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tracker12
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

First Grendel Hunt

Just did a three day pig hunt in Georgia at Ft Stewart. First trip out since I built the 65G using the Faxon 18" group buy. Was pretty excited to see how it performed. On the second evening I was walking the swamp edge when I heard some squealing. I stalked towards the noise and came up on 5 pigs in the 75-80# range. Just the perfect size for the table and getting out of the woods. At sixty yards I picked one out. Put the crosshairs at the base of the head and squeezed it off. Pig hit the ground right where she stood. The other four took off running right towards me. A second shot on the lead pig connected and she went down like hit she was hit with a ton of bricks. To say that I was happy that the first two shots I took with the new grendel resulted in quick kills is an understatement. The next day my buddy was able to make another clean kill on a pig with my gun. Heading back done to GA in March and can't wait to slay a few more. I took both of my pigs with Hornady Black ELD Match. Both bullets enter at the base of the head and neck. One the stationary pig the bullet made a complete pass thru but I did find the jacket in the off shoulder. The second pig that was hit on the run just shattered the neck and I was able to cut the head off easily with a knife and no bone in the way. My buddy shot his pig with a Hornady SST just below and back of the ear. It blew right thru.
    AR's make shooting fun again!
  • Keef
    Warrior
    • Jun 2017

Nice!

Comment

• Redomen
      Warrior
      • Jun 2016

Congrats!

Comment

• IescapedCali
        Warrior
        • Sep 2017

Congratulations! That's awesome!

Comment

• Wafavre2
          Warrior
          • Feb 2017

Nicely done!

Comment

• PA_Allen
            Warrior
            • Mar 2011

Congrats! Sounds like an exciting hunt!

Comment

• beastep
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2018

Congrats.

Comment

• tracker12
                Warrior
                • Dec 2017

It is always a good hunt at Ft Stewart. Anyone on the east coast should look at it of you want a cheap hunt for pigs. There is like 250,000 acres of huntable land with lots of pigs. We head down a few times a year from Jan-Mar after our deer season is closed. Last year 3 of us killed 13 hogs in 5 days. It is $60 a year for a base license and GA license is $20.00 for the first day and $6 for each additional day you hunt. We also camp on base for which is $7 a day for Military and DoD civilians. Its like $12 if you have no affiliation with DoD but still a good deal.
                Last edited by tracker12; 01-20-2018, 10:15 PM.
                AR's make shooting fun again!

Comment

• just_john
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2012

Way too much fun! Well done!

Comment

• sierracharlie338
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jan 2018

Thats a good first hunt there!

Comment