• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Keef
    Warrior
    • Jun 2017

Religious War

Did you know what you were getting into when you got your first 6.5 Grendel???

Big thank you to the board owner/owners for keeping the ads out and the sig pictures from being too offensive.

It is appreciated and almost enough reason to shoot a Grendel, even if it wasn't such a good round.

Thanks again.
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

You're welcome, and glad you like the site!
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• zcostilla
      Warrior
      • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Keef View Post

Big thank you to the board owner/owners for keeping the ads out and the sig pictures from being too offensive.
      It is appreciated and almost enough reason to shoot a Grendel, even if it wasn't such a good round.

Thanks again.
      Hear, hear!
      -Zac

Husband, Father, Veteran. Grateful for my redemption.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

When I was searching for info on building a 6.8, I wound up here, among other places. In comparison, this board was informative, explanatory, and was coming from a standpoint of experience that the other forums just didn't seem to have. The authors of posts were polite, and the answers were just as if not even more so. I think I actually decided to build Grendel over 6.8 based more on the atmosphere among the owners and posters here before I knew the background and technical specifications of the round. I would have built Grendel if the performance of the two had been reversed, just to be a part of the community. Then the Grendel started to shine, and then it started to perform.

I am very glad to have this as one of those fortunate moments in life where making a decision based solely on factors other than the end results actually wound up being the better choice in the long run. Kinda like founding a government based on individual freedom and liberty rather than rules and restrictions on behavior...

I enjoy the maturity with which the mods approach the board, the experience it's senior posters bring, and the community that has sprung from this common interest. The fact that most of the senior members have been around since the cartridge was a rumor is a huge blessing, as their wisdom is being recorded here, without bias and without marketing.

The Grendel speaks for itself through the honest and intelligent comments posted here, and so far it's voice is rather powerful.

Thanks from me too, BFT.

Best regards, KSW
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Djgrendel
          Warrior
          • Feb 2016

Along the same lines as KS I found the forum searching for my next AR build. This forum is the reason I chose the grendel. The knowledge, and willingness to help, is by far the best. I started reading this forum in 2011 or so. Been witness to the silly drama that gets squashed quite quickly. Big thanks to the mods, and to BFT. The grendel has progressed thanks to many of the members constant persistence. I'm happy to be part of the evolution. I've converted 4 of my friends to the grendel awesomness. Even had a game warden get the warm fuzziness after checking out my rig. Heres to many more years and great experiences with our beloved grendels!
          Yard work is not an excuse!

Comment

• 1075 tech
            Warrior
            • Apr 2015

+1 here. Was wanting something other than 5.56 for another build. Guy at LGS suggested 6.5 Grendel when I told him I was considering the 6.8. Found this forum and haven't looked back.

Compared to some other forums I subscribe to, this place is a pleasure to visit. There are disagreements from time to time but generally even those are handled in what I used to think was an "adult" manner.

Many thanks also to BFT and the senior members who continue to post here, sharing their knowledge.

Comment

• tracker12
              Warrior
              • Dec 2017

I can not agree more. My Grendel was my first build and the help I got on this board was invaluable. The group buys were an unexpected plus. I come to boards for informative information not politics or arguments over trivial things. Some very knowledgeable members here that have been very willing to help.
              AR's make shooting fun again!

Comment

• Forrest
                Unwashed
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Keef View Post

Thanks again.
                What is a sig picture?

Comment

• Armadillo66
                  Bloodstained
                  • Dec 2017

Grendel fan's theme song should be Johnny Cash "One Part At A Time"
                  as a long time gigging musician and guitar player, "Gear Acquisition Syndrome, G.A.S." is something I am used to as is my significant other when doodads show up in the mail
                  Grendel acquisition is a fun endeavor, like you are defying all odds that you too can round up everything you need to have a tack driving fun AR rig for the least amount out of pocket possible
                  Fun stuff, I now have a bolt head, a firing pin, 2 10rnd mags, 4 boxes of Hornady ammo, soon it will all come together but in what order I am still clueless, I grab bargains as I find them, thanks to the membership of this wonderful Grendel Forum for assistance in enabling my disease 10730193_10205261428234293_6251341986745213573_n.jpg

Comment

• NugginFutz
                    Chieftain
                    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Forrest View Post
                    What is a sig picture?

Pictures embedded in one's signature line.
                    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Working...
                    X