• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forrest
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2017

New gun record keeping

Could someone point me to the right place or help me here with record keeping ideas to log all my shooting and reloading data.

I am thinking about a daily diary page type thing for range days and another form to keep track of loading.

I just want to get off to a good start and and be sure I include all the data that's important. About the only thing I have found is John Plasters log sheet.

If it's not already been done, maybe we can come up with something useful for everyone?
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

Simple diary to include;

Date
    Time
    Weather conditions (sunny, cloudy, temperature, winds and direction in relation to shooting direction) Barometric pressure
    Ammo used and specs (especially reload)
    Muzzle velocity if recorded
    Cold bore POI
    Average shot placement and group size (if any)
    Rifle and or scope adjustments and why
    Number of rounds fired
    Any other contributing factors (cleaned the night before, odd shooting positions, sore muscles, allergies acting up...

This is what I had been logging.
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

I would only add that in today's tech - savvy world, a simple 5 min session at the keyboard following any range time would allow for all this data, as well as target pictures for effect, to be stored in perpetuity on the mystical "cloud"...

Good info Sticks, add range to target maybe? I'm sure it is assumed...

Good thought - again - on cold bore POI. I need to start recording this. I can't tell a difference at 100 yards, not in less than 20.

Also, clean/fouled bore changes can be helpful.
      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

Working...
      X