Anyone buy this Classicfirearms.com barrel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 6.5Dan
    Unwashed
    • Dec 2017

Anyone buy this Classicfirearms.com barrel ?

I purchased this barrel from classic because I was sucked in by the price and the little write up on 5r rifling. I have had great results so far ( .335" groups/100yards), was wondering if anyone else has the barrel and if it has done well for them ?

Premium Grade Stainless AR-15 Heavy Barrel, 18", Straight Fluted,1 in 8 5rd twist , Stainless steel.Gas port drilled for mid length gas set up, straight flutes, and threaded for comp.Barrel Extension in rear with feed ramps ready to install into receiver. 6.5 Grendel Type 2Don't forget the AeroShell 33MS Mil Spec Armorer's Grease!
  • Frontier Gear
    Warrior
    • Nov 2017

I'm 99% sure that's a Bear Creek Arsenal barrel. Lot's of info about them on here.
    Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

Am just finishing one up this morning. Hope to have some range time within the next few weeks to evaluate.

Comment

• longlickfriends77
        Bloodstained
        • Jan 2018

I purchased the 18' non fluted 5R SS Grendel barrel last week, waiting for it to come in, should be this week sometime. It was on sale for $87 plus shipping was $11.
        I will let yall know if it works, for $ 87 I could not pass it up.

Comment

• 6.5Dan
          Unwashed
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by longlickfriends77 View Post
          I purchased the 18' non fluted 5R SS Grendel barrel last week, waiting for it to come in, should be this week sometime. It was on sale for $87 plus shipping was $11.
          I will let yall know if it works, for $ 87 I could not pass it up.
          Yeah I had to give it a shot also. I'm loading 120 gr noslers with H335 and reclaimed hornady brass to get the results mentioned in my first post. I built the gun to hunt out of my climber, so far I think it's going to be perfect.

Comment

• longlickfriends77
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2018

I received my barrel, overall looks pretty good for $87 plus $11 shipping, I cleaned it up which it was real dirty. It must have took about 25 patches. Went and shot about 40 rounds of hornady 123gr ELD Match.
            It shot about 1.5 to 2 MOA, that is the break in plus a couple more shots. I am assuming it will tighten up a bit after I get a few more shots down the pipe, and start with hand loads. Overall not to bad, I guess with
            a cheap barrel.

Comment

• alaska_guy
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2018

I bought the melonite version in 5R same length. Looks to be fine visually. Wont know until I shoot it how good/bad it is.

Comment

• drykilned
                Bloodstained
                • Mar 2018

In process of build now with the same barrel only not fluted. I was told it came already dimpled for the gas block. It was not. Was yours? If not how did you dimple the stainless steel? Not much shooting here over 250 yards. Would like to shoot as heavy a bullet as i can get 1800fps at 250yds. What bullet weight did you use for .335 groups?

Comment

• aephilli822
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jun 2016

prolly better than the 1 in 9 twist ones from Sarco?

Comment

• GjGary
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2018

It is good if you have no issues with your barrel. If you have issues Classic will not even return your call or email and will be stuck with useless barrel.
                    The first grendel barrel I bought was a 20" rifle length 5r fluted nitride and would not even chamber a round, wolf or black.

Comment

• drykilned
                      Bloodstained
                      • Mar 2018

First, i appear to be the only one having great results using classic contact procedures for communicating questions about shipping and product questions. Next, reading other forums there seems to be great concern over what grease to use on the barrel nut. What are you using? The mil-spec grease is apparently by mail order only and i am tired of waiting for mine to get here. Understand no graphite and no copper.

Comment

• alaska_guy
                        Bloodstained
                        • Jan 2018

Shot my barrel yesterday and I had zero issues after 40 rounds. Everything chambered, ejected etc. I need to get a keylock piece of rail so I can attach my bipod to the rifle to determine how good/bad accuracy is. @ 25 yards basically timing my shots between breaths it was around 1". I figure with a nice rest it should do much better.

Comment

• longlickfriends77
                          Bloodstained
                          • Jan 2018

6.5 Classic Firearms Barrel

Barrel is shooting pretty good now. See results on pics.

IMG_0296.jpg (66.1 KB)
                          Attached Files

Comment

• RMiller
                            Warrior
                            • Mar 2018

Nice, one of my barrels is an 18" blued, fluted, Classic barrel.

Comment

• Armadillo66
                              Bloodstained
                              • Dec 2017

I bought one of the Nitride heavy straight flute barrels on sale from Classic. 1:8 5R Great price and I am impressed with how well it is shooting. There are not any BCA markings on it and mine was dimpled, in fact the Stoner low profile gas block I used was a great fit, set in nice and tight and seems to be plenty of gas getting through. Mine feeds better once I installed a heavy H2 buffer and Wolff extra power carbine spring in the lower. It likes the 100gr Wolf steel, and does ok with Hornady Black. Unfortunately that is the only ammo I have been able to buy so far. I want to try some 120gr Barnes, 125 Nosler Partitions and 127gr Barnes LRX projectiles out of it.
                              As well as it shoots with 100gr Wolf, I am going to try some 100gr Nosler partitions and Ballistic tips. It should do as well as a short barreled .243 on whitetails and pronghorn

Comment

Working...
                              X