• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jmccracken
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

anyone using Primary Arms 4-14 FFP?

I have one on my grendel AR... the chevron makes it hard to get tight groups. Wondering if I should sell it to get a good SFP scope.... Thoughts?
  • mdewitt71
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

I tend to like using the tip of the Chevron, better than other reticles for sure.... personal pref I am sure.
    It's not a bad scope..... I have the Athlon Talos BTR 4-14x44 too and will be trying it out for the first time this weekend.
    ― George Orwell

Comment

• Jmccracken
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

I've got a pistol lower and stripped upper, I might sell them and the PA scope to get something from sightron. Choices choices

Comment

• Headshot11
        Unwashed
        • Mar 2017

I have an Odin 20" that I'm using with the same scope. I took it off of my other rifle to try it out and I can say it works. Tested the barrel at 100 yards, first five shots were within a dime size. I need to get another scope, the one I used is for a 5.56/.223 AR.

Comment

• BaltTigger
          Unwashed
          • Jan 2018

I was looking at the Primary Arms and was wondering if I should get MilDot or .308 BDC for a Grendel?

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I would go mildot, I think it is more versatile for how I shoot. The 308 reticle will not duplicate your drops then throw in different temperatures affecting velocity with ball powders it’s basicly guessing unless you shoot a lot.

With the mildot you can use it for distance ranging if shooting without a range finder or where distance is unknown. If you have a dope card made for your cartridge you can get your info at a quick glance or if you have enough time dial in your dope.

I shoot enough to know about how much hold over with a mildot to get hits on sils out to 300-350 yards without dialing in my dope.

For shooting steel at the same location the 308 reticle might work if you get enough practice with the gun scope. Really boils down to personal choice. There was a thread where someone else was going to use a scope with 308/7.62 reticle with some discussion.

I have a Leupold Mk6 1-6 CMR (7.62) scope that I was thinking of using on my 16". Two questions.... 1) Will the subtensions that are set for the 7.62 (which I'm assuming is M118) be close to the 6.5G ? Or would the 5.56 be a closer match? 2) if the basis of this rifle is to ring steel at 300-800 yards would I be
            Last edited by VASCAR2; 01-29-2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• ToeheadAR
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2018

Comment

Working...
              X