X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Coyote
    Warrior
    • Dec 2017

Thanks Matt, i'm in Canada and sourced my first BA through Prophet River Firearms who've i've dealt with for a long time now. Not sure how they source it? So i'm good, it's nice to have access for sure!

I know it won't be my last Howa product, i've got another grendel and a creedmoor in mind once this first grendel gets built.

My lightweight grendel build in mdt lss will weigh within an ounce or two of my cz 527 grendel so you can get weight down going that route but not into say traditional mountain hunting lightweight stuff but certainly standard hunting weights with that lss, ctr, talley, and #1/2 contour actions.

Comment

• Stinky Coyote
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

x2 on the stainless vote for the line-up

Comment

• mdewitt71
        Warrior
        • Dec 2016

Threaded barrel and extended cap. mag would be Awesome!!!
        ― George Orwell

Comment

• Sticks
          Chieftain
          • Dec 2016

Threaded barrel in the heavy is a done deal....4 BAs too late for me damnit.

Would like stainless as well

Would also like the bolt to be a little tighter in the back. Quite a bit of slop when the bolt is back.

Removeable bolt knob for upgrade options.

Has anyone mentioned replacing that bottom plate with cast aluminum? Mag release by the trigger guard or shrouded better in front? If anything that needs to be the #1 priority.
          Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• ricsmall
            Warrior
            • Sep 2014

Sticks

The way it sounds the floorplate has been put on the back burner to make room for a chassis rifle. Have to wait a little longer. If CDI can put the DBM out as quick as they did surely someone else will come up with something.
            Last edited by ricsmall; 02-07-2018, 12:31 PM.
            Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• Sticks
              Chieftain
              • Dec 2016

I know but I am going to keep griping about it. Matt ignores me now anyhow. I'm still bitter about spending enough to buy another BA for what I paid to have the others threaded.
              Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• flyrod
                Bloodstained
                • Dec 2017

Originally posted by flyrod View Post
                Does LSI sell howa parts? I'd be interested in buying a few of the 8 twist 223 barrels.
                I don't need another action, but I would be interested in barrels. Like so:

I shoot enough that barrels are consumable, and every howa barrel I've seen headspaces and even clocks the same. (I know, interchangeable parts on a gun. What a concept!) So if LSI would sell barrels then that would be easier (and cheaper?) than chambering my own.

As far as howa mini wish list items, it sounds like LSI knows what we're asking for. There are plenty of complaints about the magazine release and the plastic magazine holder. If they are going to re-do the magazines, it looks like they could get another 0.100" cartridge length without modifications to the action. This would be nice for running the long pointy high BC bullets that are available now, like what the valkarie is using. Some guys are running 223 in a regular full size short action to use AICS style magazines with lots of room for the ELD, RDF, type bullets. Using 223 is a cheap way to train/practice for the various tactical/precision rifle matches.

Comment

• Blackblue
                  Unwashed
                  • Oct 2017

Criterion is making prefits now.

Comment

• hikfromstik
                    Warrior
                    • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Blackblue View Post
                    Criterion is making prefits now.
                    I've shot my 223 howa 1500 barrel out . Thank you for this info . Some benchrest guys praise the action . Looks like my next project will 6.5x47L in howa 1500 action . I believe Lilja did a barrel for a Howa 1500 I saw on another forum .

Comment

• neon77
                      Unwashed
                      • Oct 2017

Hi Matt,

What is the planned ETA on this chassis?
                      And any idea of the price on this?

I bougt a mini action last year and are in desperate need of a new stock. The original stock has the most flimsy forend I have ever seen.
                      Will not put any $$ in boyds etc before I now more about your chassis.

Comment

• Sticks
                        Chieftain
                        • Dec 2016

Hope Matt will chime in.

The HCR was one step above the MDT - LSS chasssis. Theirs are Mlock, MDT is/was threaded.

There is a little more slop in the recoil lugs, but a simple action bedding cures that.

AR15 grip and buffer tubes for your choice of stock, endless options. Get a 20 MOA mount (regardless of stock) and at least on a 30mm tube with a 50mm objective, you can run .832 high scope rings and clear the barrel on heavy barreled action. Any taller, you will be hard put finding a stock that will get your cheek weld high enough to get a good shooting position.
                        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• mdewitt71
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2016

How about some Left Hand action love?
                          ― George Orwell

Comment

• bj139
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2017

I was shooting my Howa mini Grendel last week with Wolf steel ammo and noticed the bolt handle lift was harder than I remembered.
                            Could this be a problem? The handle lift was slightly easier with factory Amax but not much easier.
                            I didn't have to hammer the handle but it was harder than every bolt I have ever shot.

Comment

• roor
                              Warrior
                              • Jan 2018

Hey Matt,

Is LSI selling just the chassis or is that only available through accurate mag?

Comment

• Matt @ LSI
                                Warrior
                                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by roor View Post
                                Hey Matt,

Is LSI selling just the chassis or is that only available through accurate mag?
                                still working on getting this up on the legacy website

Comment

Working...
                                X