• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hokahhunter
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2018

Trigger recommendations

I need to replace the factory trigger in my bushmaster. If anyone out there could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanks
  • Frontier Gear
    Warrior
    • Nov 2017

Oh boy, lots of options. What's your price range? Single stage or two stage?
    Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• BaltTigger
      Unwashed
      • Jan 2018

I went with the P.O.F. USA Drop-In Trigger System with Enhanced Finger Placement in all of my AR lowers. Has a modified trigger shape so your finger is always drawn to the exact same spot every time. Breaks clean at 4lb and has almost no reset (maybe 1-2mm).
      POF00516_00.jpg

Comment

• bj139
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2017

The Larue is probably the best combination of price, good hammer fall and clean break.

Comment

• bigdaddyflo
          Bloodstained
          • Dec 2016

^^^what fg said^^^
          There are many good triggers. I use 3.5# single stage triggers on my hunting rifles, and use 3.5# two stage triggers on my precision rifles/paper shooters. Once you determine what you are looking for - single stage or two stage - poundage (set/adjustable) - and at what price range, then maybe we can help.
          You can go to your local gun shop and see if they have triggers in what Larue calls a "Trigger Action Chassis". Its basically a trigger installed in a modified ar lower that lets you try the trigger and FEEL it.

LaRue MBT is an excellent choice - very hard to beat for the money. And they put it on sale for $99 at times.
          Last edited by bigdaddyflo; 01-31-2018, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• kcb38
            Warrior
            • Jun 2017

What kind of shooting do you normally do with this rifle?
            Last edited by kcb38; 01-31-2018, 06:30 PM.
            - Kirk -

Comment

• Clarence
              Bloodstained
              • Dec 2015

For bench and varmint shooting, I like the Rock River 2 stage varmint trigger. It breaks at 3.5-4 lb, with less creep that some of the single stage triggers I've tried. Can find them for $80-90 much of the time.

Clarence

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

We're in a market now where you could probably put most of the higher end trigger options on a dart board, throw the dart blindfolded, and land on something spectacular when compared to older triggers.

I've become a fan of the LaRue MBT-2S triggers lately, which feel like a Geissele SSA.

The Geissele High Speed National Match is one of the lightest breaking triggers I've ever felt for the AR.

Elftmann 3-Gun triggers are nice.

The trigger market is getting away from my ability to keep track of all the new ones, there are so many.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• mongoosesnipe
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2012

for single stage this has become my favorite trigger http://www.kearms.com/slt-1-sear-lin...y-trigger.aspx its a redesign of the ar trigger system it allows the safety to be engaged with the hammer down the reset is about 2mm breaks at 4.5 and the reset honestly feels more like an electronic paintball gun trigger than any firearm trigger the disconnect location has been moved apparently its some what modeled after the hk416 fire control system

for 2 stage you can non go wrong with geissele when you catch them on sale they are pretty reasonable

the next trigger i buy will probably be the larue
                  Punctuation is for the weak....

Comment

• hokahhunter
                    Unwashed
                    • Jan 2018

Will be used for mostly Varmint hunting. I prefer single stage. Thanks everyone for all the replies

Comment

• Les
                      Warrior
                      • Oct 2016

LaRue MBT or anything Geissele
                      Nebraska Firearms Owners Association. https://nebraskafirearms.org/wp/

Comment

• Lastrites
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2017

For a single stage I really like the JP enterprise triggers I have as the trigger breaks like a glass rod, cost about $120 for the original trigger kit. Optics planet has on sale the Hyperfire EDT2 which has been getting really good reviews, I bought in for $56 down from $100 from optics planet should be here tomorrow, tough price to resist.

Comment

• mdewitt71
                          Warrior
                          • Dec 2016

I have $250- $300 triggers and I have a couple $75 triggers and honestly I cant really tell much difference from them (except my wallet) if they are rated at the same poundage....
                          I would choose a poundage you like (2.5lbs is a lil light for my GI fingers, I prefer 3.5-4lbs) and then look around at prices.

DetailsThe James Madison Tactical Saber Single Stage Drop In Trigger is a completely self-contained, 100% drop-in fire control group upgrade for the AR-15, LR-308, and AR-10 rifles. Factory tuned to a crisp 3.5 - 4.0 lb pull weight, the Saber trigger combines a lightened pull with a very short reset for enhanced accuracy and faster follow up shots. This truly drop-in trigger and housing is precision CNC machined in an eye catching 7075-T6 aluminum. With a fast reset, a smoother, crisper, lighter trigger pull, the single-stage trigger group, James Madison Tactical Saber Single Stage Drop In Trigger is easy to install.Note: The set screws should not be tampered with. Any attempts to modify the trigger will void the warrantyFeatures:Single-stage 3.5- 4.0 lb. pull weightQuick reset for faster response time between shotsLightened trigger pull with super-crisp release to improve accuracyStraight and Curved skeletonized trigger for function and comfortSelf-contained design makes it easy and quick to install with no fine-tuning neededHigh tolerance components with black oxide finish on trigger, hammer and disconnectPrecision CNC and machined from high-grade 7075-T6 aluminumContained in JMT’s signature blue anodized aluminum housing with laser etchingCompatible with AR-15 and AR-10 riflesMil-Spec .154" pin diameterIncludes anti-rotation pinsThis trigger is designed specifically for use with MIL-SPEC lower receivers that feature standard .154" trigger/hammer pin holes and includes anti-rotation pins for stress free installation.See More

DetailsThis RRA match AR-15 trigger kit is designed to be used with Mil-Spec lower receivers with .154” trigger and hammer pins and can also be used with anti-rotation pins for a more secure fit. However, the larger .1555" pins will give you a more snug fit. The versatility of AR-15’s is extended even further as some parts are interchangeable with AR-308 and DPMS LR 308 style rifles and this trigger is compatible with both. Another accurizing feature is the lightened hammer which allows for a decreased lock time while still maintaining reliable primer ignition even with hard military surplus ammo. This fire control group provides a custom tuned feel at an affordable price whether you are upgrading an old trigger or building a new rifle.Features:Heat treated cast steel with phosphate coatingConsistent and smooth two stage trigger pullOverall 4.5-5lb pull weightStandard curved trigger bowFits AR-15 and AR-10 lower receivers with .154” diameter pin holesPerfect edition to your short barrel rifle, designated marksman rifle, or duty rifleLightened hammer for decreased lock timeAffordable upgrade over standard military trigger groupsNote: Trigger pull weights are approximate and may vary between rifles.AR-15 rifles have become a staple in 3 gun competition, precision match shooting, and many other competitive environments due to the large amount of aftermarket parts and accessories available to customize your rifle. Whether you have your gun set up as an sbr, dmr, or dedicated race gun, it is vital that you have a high-quality trigger not only for accuracy and speed, but for safety as well. The Rock River Arms National Match trigger is designed to tick each of those boxes no matter how your AR is set up. It features a two-stage trigger pull with a .5lb first stage and a 4-4.5lb crisp break. The overall trigger pull is light and smooth which is much better alternative than a gritty Mil-Spec stock trigger. Not only is this trigger great for match shooting, it is a great trigger to put in your varmint or hunting rifle so you can be confident in your shot with this accuracy enhancing upgrade.Rock River Arms has built their name on the idea of providing lawful United States citizens and law enforcement high quality AR-15’s and 1911’s. They have a large selection of parts, accessories, complete lower and upper receivers, and competition match ready components. RRA is owned and operated by the Larson brothers who have worked for high-end companies such as Springfield Armory and Les Baer Customs and brought their knowledge with them to Rock River.See More
                          ― George Orwell

Comment

• kcb38
                            Warrior
                            • Jun 2017

I have a 3# Velocity single stage trigger that I like a lot. They run 135 bucks and they're built by a guy who designed Timney triggers. They offer them in 3.5 and 4# as well.
                            - Kirk -

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                              Warrior
                              • Nov 2017

One thing to keep in mind with drop in triggers and the Grendel, is if you are going to be shooting steel case wolf ammo. The JMT Saber trigger is know to have issues with steel case ammo (light primer strikes). Velocity makes a trigger specifically for steel case. I really like the Velocity triggers BTW.

Personally I have also tried the Rise Armament RA140 trigger on Wolf ammo in multiple guns and have never had an issue with it. I picked up three of them when they were on sale for about $80 each. At that price they are a bargain, but the Velocities are better if you find a good deal on them.
                              Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

Working...
                              X