• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hill37
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

Shell Shock hybrid cases

Did anyone go by the Shell Shock booth at the Shot Show? I saw a post about them showing belted 7.62NATO and5.56. Both cases were 40+% lighter than brass. If the cases were rugged enough, could they extend the life of both calibers in the military?
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

I did not. There are so many booths I would have loved to have visited, but SHOT is huge.

You can't see every booth physically even if you tried.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• hill37
      Warrior
      • Apr 2017

I ran across it in a TFB article about polycase ammo. Nickel plated ss body and aluminum base. I thought someone might have seen it live.

Comment

• hill37
        Warrior
        • Apr 2017

Been doing a little research. Several videos and reviews on the 9mm. Several small companies loading them. The cases use special reloading dies to lessen stress on the case and head joint. What would happen in a red hot machine gun?

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by hill37 View Post
          Been doing a little research. Several videos and reviews on the 9mm. Several small companies loading them. The cases use special reloading dies to lessen stress on the case and head joint. What would happen in a red hot machine gun?
          Red hot machine-gun barrels are supposed to be changed by the AG if the team makes the mistake of getting to that point for some reason (lack of training, lack of discipline, mental deficiency, poor leadership climate).

I did blow by this booth, but didn't stop now that I've seen the pics.
          NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• hill37
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

I was just using a little hyperbole. I think I'll keep up with them for a while. Their 9mm seems to be accepted well. Maybe their bottle neck cases can reinforced some way.

Comment

Working...
            X