Serendipity of a PDW Brace for Precision?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Serendipity of a PDW Brace for Precision?

The cheek weld feels way better than I imagined with these telescoping PDW braces because they form a triangle basically with the tube and guide rods.

Feels pretty much like a SOPMOD stock comb in practice, which was unexpected.

System weight with Viper PST 2.5-20x32 in NF Uni, empty 17rd Elander and Harris 6-9S as seen is 9lbs 7ounces.

Without bipod and mag, I'm at 8lbs 4 ounces or 3.75 kilos.
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 02-01-2018, 07:18 PM.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com
  • biodsl
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2011

I love this rifle. It's been fun reading about its creation and exploits over the years. I may have to clone it.

I know I've asked before but I can't find the response now; what grip is that?
    Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• LRRPF52
      Super Moderator
      • Sep 2014

Sierra Precision Grip. It has a very large palm swell and nice angle, with a shelf that prevents you from framing the gun when you break the shot.

It would awesome with an elastomer outer in FDE. My favorite grip after many decades of chasing grips. Biggest disadvantage to it is shooting left handed for barricade drills and RH corners in the house if you put it on a CQB weapon, but still more than doable for those occasions. I've been using it since 2003 on my 3-Gun set-ups.
      NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
      X