Suggestions for cycling issue on 12" Faxon Barrel pistol build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dcommoncents
    Warrior
    • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Lastrites View Post
    Just a thought have you looked at your bolt catch real close? You have enough leg on the follower?
    I haven't, but I'll take the idea and give it a look. Would that problem make sense though, given that it locks back after the last round of hornady?

Comment

• bj139
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2017

Do you have enough lube on your BCG? With a new build there is more friction until the rough spots are worn away.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
        Warrior
        • Jul 2017

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
        Do you have enough lube on your BCG? With a new build there is more friction until the rough spots are worn away.
        Hard to say, but I tend to be generous though not sloppy with slip2k. I imagine some more breaking in will help though. It is a bcg and upper previously used on other franken guns, albeit not together.

I'm really hoping a non adjustable gas block does the trick, as I don't want to enlarge the gas port or rely on heavy doses of lube. I want to feel comfortable relying on this thing for everything from home defense, to a truck gun on hand if shtf because once I get it to that point I'm probably going to sell my tavor which fills that role to my brother.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
          Warrior
          • Jul 2017

Problem solved at last. I finally decided to drill out the gas port a little bigger. Using a 5/64" bit I stepped up from .075 to .077 and that little bit did the trick. Running the adjustable gas block full open this Sunday, I fed steel wolf in single mags to test the lock back and did some rapid fire from mags loaded with 5-10 rounds without a single hiccup. I should have done that sooner.

This pistol is awesome now! Although I didn't shoot any groups I had no problem getting rapid hits on steel at 50 and 100 yards with both the Wolf and some Federal soft point.

I hope this helps anyone else who has a similar problem.

Comment

• GREYBUFF
            Warrior
            • Nov 2018

What are the possible problems with a bad lever? Thxs......paul
            I thought about selling my weapons back to the government, but after a thorough background check it was determined that the buyer has a long history of violence and is mentally unstable. Therefore could not pass NICS.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
              Warrior
              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by GREYBUFF View Post
              What are the possible problems with a bad lever? Thxs......paul
              I assume he was thinking my finger might be accidentally riding the BAD lever in such a way as to engage the bolt release.

Comment

Working...
              X