• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1075 tech
    Warrior
    • Apr 2015

New SCR Lower for New Build

I picked up one of these for less than wholesale, and considerably less than retail, from one of my LGS.

Thinking of using it for my 18" GB barrel.

Anyone here used one for anything other than 5.56/223?

The downside is the trigger. I don't have a trigger pull scale but they are reported to be in the 5# range. I'll have to see if I can work on it a little.

Thinking of making a more "traditional" looking rifle with wood. With a little fitting, the buttstock from a Remington 1100 will work on these. Need a free float wood hand guard. Anyone have a source?
  • BCHunter
    Warrior
    • Jan 2018

I believe boyds makes a full wood laminate set.

They do but hanguards are NOT free float a2 style only.
    Last edited by BCHunter; 02-02-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• ricsmall
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

That’s cool. First I’ve seen one of those. Update when complete pls sir.
      Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• 1075 tech
        Warrior
        • Apr 2015

They are catching on slowly for those of us stuck behind enemy lines here in New Yorkistan. I think it will be a better option than some of the fugly stocks and grips that have come to market. The trigger and safety (crossbolt style/ behind the trigger) have no aftermarket options. The bolt carrier is proprietary. There will be no need for a forward assist, so I might do one of the AP uppers, or a slickside type upper.

I will be using the GB 18" Faxon barrel and a GB bolt. I have two JP adjustable gas blocks, one with a rail and one low profile. The railed one is a now discontinued model but the rail is supposed to be receiver height.

I went to the LGS to look for an item for my other collection, Japanese military weapons of WWII. I did score a nice Type 26 revolver but was looking for a Type 38 rifle. He had a couple complete SCR's on the rack so I asked him how much to order a complete lower. I knew what they went for online but then add in shipping and transfer fees.

He said he had one on the shelf that was taking up space and made me a deal I couldn't pass up. Saved me at least $150.
        Last edited by 1075 tech; 02-02-2018, 10:02 PM. Reason: Too many Angry Balls (Angry Orchard hard Cider and Fireball mix)

Comment

• howl
          Warrior
          • Nov 2015

I'd like one for hunting, but not at those prices.

Comment

• 1075 tech
            Warrior
            • Apr 2015

The cheapest I've seen the lower assembly online was around $450 . But then I'd have to figure in any shipping and FFL transfer fee. Compare to an AR stripped lower, lower parts kit, grip. buffer tube, butt stock, buffer, spring....

I picked this up for $325 +tax. GB bolt at $58. Barrel @ $195. If I go non free float, $75 for hand guard, barrel nut, delta ring assembly..... Still looking at $700 before optics. About where an AR build would be depending on selection of parts.

I've seen the complete SCR rifles in stores and am not impressed with the overall. And they want way too much $$ .

Comment

• Frontier Gear
              Warrior
              • Nov 2017

I like the looks of those, but the trigger has always scared me away. That and the price.
              Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

Working...
              X