• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zcostilla
    Warrior
    • Aug 2017

Double feed and bullet scoring when manually cycling

-Zac

Husband, Father, Veteran. Grateful for my redemption.
  • Lastrites
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

The squirrely scratches on the bullet is likely when you extracted the round as the ejector forces the shell to the right and the bullet is dragging on the two opposing lugs. Your sure looks like it is ringed, actually looks similar to my 20" GB barrel that faxon honed out under warranty. The long scratch on the brass is possibly from the mag, possible that the mag lip needs deburred or smoothed out or maybe a burr on the feed ramp of the extension.

Comment

• Drillboss
      Warrior
      • Jan 2015

What happens when you chamber and try to extract with a single round in the magazine? Does the bolt work freely or do you have to mortar it? And does the round extract properly?

If you drop a round into the chamber, with the muzzle pointed down, will the round fall out when you turn the muzzle up? If not, then the chamber may just need a good cleaning. If it will drop out, it sounds like your extractor isn't grabbing onto the rim of the case.
      Last edited by Drillboss; 02-02-2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Tex Nomex
        Warrior
        • Dec 2017

What Drillboss said.
        "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
        -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Comment

• zcostilla
          Warrior
          • Aug 2017

After reading other threads, it seemed to be likely a magazine issue. I noticed it was bulging in the middle somewhat, so I emptied the magazine, and used my palms to push the middle back in to keep the sides straight. It cycled fine after that. Took it out, lubed the BCG rather generously, and it seemed to work. Only issue is that the first round didn’t consistently strip off the top of the magazine. For whatever reason, I had to press on the bottom of the magazine to get the BCG to grab it. Second through ninth rounds worked perfectly.
          -Zac

Husband, Father, Veteran. Grateful for my redemption.

Comment

• Lastrites
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

How does your mag catch post seat on the mag button, below flush of the button, flush or just proud? Should be at least flush for proper mag catch tension.

Comment

Working...
            X