• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwtrayer
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2018

Hello from Kansas

Hello! I'm Bryan from the Kansas side of Kansas City. I've had an ar lower that I never got around to building a few years ago and decided recently on a 6.5 Grendel. So I'm here to learn about them and make a decision on an upper.
  • Texas
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Bryan. If you have not already decided on a barrel length, you might want to consider a barrel and bolt from the group buy on this board.

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Bryan (bwtrayer)!

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, bwtrayer, from the Great Nation of Texas! Here, you will find answers to questions you never even thought of. There is much information across these threads, what are your goals with the build, hunting / paper / fun / some or all the above?

Comment

• bwtrayer
          Unwashed
          • Feb 2018

Originally posted by just_john View Post
          Welcome to the Clan, bwtrayer, from the Great Nation of Texas! Here, you will find answers to questions you never even thought of. There is much information across these threads, what are your goals with the build, hunting / paper / fun / some or all the above?
          Probably just for paper or fun. I usually hunt with my savage .308 for deer. Mighty eventually hunt with this one.
          Last edited by bwtrayer; 02-03-2018, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• bwtrayer
            Unwashed
            • Feb 2018

Hi! I'm probably going to go with a 20" I've looked at the group buys. I'm very comfortable putting together lowers, but I've never put together an upper. Not for sure if I'm confident enough to not screw it up.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
              Chieftain
              • Oct 2016

Welcome from KS, bwtrayer. If you can build a lower, you can build an upper. An armorers wrench, or other barrel nut wrench, and a torque wrench are the only special tools you'll need. Youtube is replete with too many vids to count on how to build one well. Google and this forum are your friends. Have no fear, Grendel-HO!
              Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                Super Moderator
                • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.
                NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                X