• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jester
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2018

New in eastern NC

Hello all, I am a non standard caliber AR enthusiast. I don't own a factory AR and probably never will, I am a Retired Vet and built my first AR in the late 80s. It was my only 5.56. I have several ARs and available uppers in various calibers and lengths, pistol, carbine and rifle. My newest project will be my first 6.5. Haven't decided on either the .264 LBC or 6.5 Grendel Type I or II .125" or .136" Bolt Face.

I will be getting a custom non ported barrel and have decided I want a1 in 8"- 22" bbl, 416 Stainless threaded 5/8x24. As you may have noted this will be a Manual AR. I am using a modified DPMS Lo Pro Upper that I will be milling for right side charging the gas tube port closed off by being welded. As I hunt some years in New York, Illinois and Pennsylvania at times I want a rifle that will be 100% legal, makes a statement and just because I can and I want to.

I also enjoy longer distance shooting and love the abilities of this cartridge beyond 400 yards. Again I say hello and look forward to time on this forum.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Jester!

Comment

• IescapedCali
      Warrior
      • Sep 2017

Welcome from Nevada, Jester.

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, Jester, from the Great Nation of Texas!

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Jester from North Texas.

Comment

Working...
          X