• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pelikan800
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2018

Another WI Hello!

Another new member from Wisconsin! Shooter for years, with rifles in .223 (Rem. 700 and BCM AR) and 45-70 (Marlin 1895 light artillary), but never considered 6.5 Grendel. Recently began reading about it, with ballistics good out to 1000'ish yards, low recoil and easy/not expensive to reload got my interest. Having lurked on this site for a month or so got me more interested with interesting rifles chambered for it - Ruger American, Howa Mini, CZ 527, etc. If I get one, it would be used to perforate paper and ding steel. Kind of surprised it hasn't become an even more popular caliber, but sounds like manufacturers are beginning to build more rifles that chamber it.

Now, unfortunately, I am thinking of getting a bolt gun in 6.5G (unfortunate to my bank acct.!). Great site!
    Last edited by pelikan800; 02-07-2018, 01:50 PM.
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum pelikan800! A lot of versatility these days with 6.5 Grendel whether your talking ammunition, reloading components or firearms.

Comment

• dpete
      Warrior
      • May 2016

Welcome from the snowy north of Woodruff. Don't think of a bolt gun as unfortunate. Any AR, whether it is a Grendel or not, is required to arrive at the new owners home in a state of near self regenerating reproduction. The owner will eventually become woozy and compliant to its charms and decide that the rifle's desire to reproduce shall be allowed to fulfill itself. Before you know it, thoughts of having more than one become common and irresistable and your wallet will never be the same.

Comment

• BCHunter
        Warrior
        • Jan 2018

Welcome,....all us wisconsinites should see if we can schedule a range day, meet greet. I'm in southern wi now but have shot at ranges all over the state.

Comment

• IescapedCali
          Warrior
          • Sep 2017

Welcome, from unseasonably warm Nevada! dpete is 100% correct. My second Grendel is in the process of spontaneous generation via the group-buy 18” barrel, and an upper that’s been hanging around my gun cabinet. Just give in. Resistance is futile.

Comment

• pelikan800
            Unwashed
            • Feb 2018

Thanks all! Maybe in addition to a bolt action Grendel, my BCM AR might need a friend too!

Comment

• Texas
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Pelikan800, one Grendel is just not enough!

Comment

Working...
              X