• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jyohe09
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2018

Hello from PA

Hey all! Happy to join the forum. I am in the process of completing my first AR build. So far it goes as follows:

Anderson upper
    Anderson lower
    Luth AR buttstock
    STNGR 15" Handguard
    Odin Works 20" barrel, bcg, and tunable gas block
    CMC drop in trigger
    Burris AR PEPR scope mount

Scope has yet to be determined.

Also am a reloader so I am looking forward to seeing what I can push this down to for accuracy.

Also hoping that one day the communist state of PA will let us use ARs for hunting.

Thanks for the add!

-Josh
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum Josh (jyohe09) sounds like a great build!

Comment

• just_john
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2012

Welsome to the Clan, jyohe09, from the Great Nation of Texas! You are off to a great start! Keep us posted on your progress and allow us to answer any questions if something hiccups along the way.

Comment

• Texas
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Jyohe80.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
          Warrior
          • Jul 2017

Welcome, whereabouts in PA are you?

And I'm pretty annoyed about the no semi-auto big game hunting, but I don't know about communist PA...our gun laws are pretty much on par with the other "free" states who respect the 2A. Although if you're on the eastern side of the state I can see how you'd get a commie vibe.

Comment

• bj139
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2017

No commie vibe here about gun rights.
            I think the hunters with lever and pump rifles don't want their firepower challenged.
            The few hunters I spoke to here said they did not want semiautos allowed. I was surprised.
            They seem to want to cling to their traditional wood and steel.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
              Warrior
              • Jul 2017

Originally posted by bj139 View Post
              No commie vibe here about gun rights.
              I think the hunters with lever and pump rifles don't want their firepower challenged.
              The few hunters I spoke to here said they did not want semiautos allowed. I was surprised.
              They seem to want to cling to their traditional wood and steel.
              I was also surprised by similar conversations. One point I hadn't considered until it was brought up by one of my distant cousins, who is very pro semi-auto for all other purposes, is that there are irresponsible hunters who might get over excited and basically rapid fire after a moving deer, creating a dangerous situation for others. While I'm not convinced that such a situation doesn't exist with lever or bolt guns, I did have to admit that it would be easier to do with an AR. That's the only logical explanation I've heard against semiauto hunting.

I suspect many hunters just don't understand the cartridges like 6.5G now available for the AR platform and think guys are going to be running around wounding deer with 5.56/.223 rifles.

Comment

• jyohe09
                Unwashed
                • Feb 2018

Haha no not too serious on the commie PA comment. I dont see why they couldnt allow them and even limit it to 5 round mags that being said I also wouldnt mind a limit to calibers above .22

I am located in the central part of the state about 30 min from State College

Comment

• bj139
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2017

I would be very happy with magazines that were blocked to a 3 round limit. Who needs more than that for a deer?
                  P-mags would work nicely for 3 rounds.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Welcome aboard.

If you reload, the Grendel Handbooks we put together will make a great resource for your bench.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

Working...
                    X