• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turkey hunter 82
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2018

Bear Creek Arsenal

Who has ordered direct from Bear Creek Arsenal? Reason I'm asking is I placed an order with them a couple weeks ago and I seen on their website that it could take awhile for stuff to ship. But my problem is when I check your website don't post on my order has shipped when in fact it hasn't. I called customer service today and they couldn't answer my question why it said my order had shipped when in fact it hadn't, said it should ship today or Monday. Not impressed with my experience so far with Bear Creek.

I've been waiting on one of there BCG to finish my first Grendel build, just ready to go play with a new toy.

Okay guys rant over with, just had to vent.
  • earlwb
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2017

I can sympathize with you. I don't know about their website, etc. I ordered my BCA stuff through Primary Arms instead. They provided excellent service, no complaints at all from me.

Comment

• Randy99CL
      Warrior
      • Oct 2017

Some companies' software reports the order has shipped as soon as they create the shipping order and label. Most of the time your order is picked up by the shipper that same day but sometimes not. That's why they told you today or Monday.
      It's not just BCA, others do it too.
      My OpticsPlanet order didn't ship for over 3 days. You can tell when it actually ships because you get the tracking number.
      Last edited by Randy99CL; 02-10-2018, 03:30 AM.
      "In any war, political or battlefield; truth is the first casualty."

Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

I had an issue with getting a barrel from them... took me a few calls to finally connect with them. They explained that the "shipped" notification you get is that they received the order and placed it in line for production, and the shipping label is created at that time but it isn't actually being shipped yet; they just get all the paperwork set up so it's ready to go when the item is done. They make a lot of their stuff after they get an order for it... most times it's not on the shelf so to speak. So your order is probably in the production lineup at the moment.
        Not saying I like their way of doing this, but in essence that's what I was told. I suggested to them that it would be much more informative if they might say "order received and in line for production" or say on the web page "this item gets produced when you order, it's not on the shelf so wait time could be a bit longer..." anything that would be more, shall we say, honest as to the actual real-life status. When I finally got my barrel it is shooting so far, so good. Just their MO for customer status notifications is less than optimum.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• 41bear
          Warrior
          • Jan 2017

While I can agree that their shipping methods are a bit off center I really like their attitude concerning Vets and their willingness to put their money where their mouth is, so I have no qualms about ordering from them ... ever.
          "Wild flower, growin' thru the cracks in the street" - Problem Child by Little Big Town

Comment

• beastep
            Bloodstained
            • Jan 2018

I have ordered from them several times and had no problems. I bet its just like stated above. I order from a few places that do it that way.

Comment

• NugginFutz
              Chieftain
              • Aug 2013

I have had no issues with BCA or their products. I've ordered and received a barrel and side charging upper with BCG. Both were received well within a 15 day period. I actually had occasion to speak with them for a clarification on the barrel, and they were quite helpful and respectful. Tracking numbers were issued when the items shipped, so I'd keep an eye out for that as your "on the way" indication.
              If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

• Mopardoctor
                Warrior
                • Apr 2015

I have a order in at BCA for a week now for a bolt and firing pin and have seen no movement on the UPS tracking number.
                Last edited by Mopardoctor; 02-15-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
                  Warrior
                  • Jul 2017

I too am waiting on a 6.5G BCG for which I received a shipping notification a week or so ago with no further progress shown by UPS. The BCGs were shown as out of stock for quite a while so I suspect BCA re-listed them as available a little prematurely and doesn't have them ready to ship yet.

I'm not concerned though, as I'm not in a hurry and have had a good experience with the complete 6.5G upper I previously purchased from them.

Comment

• 6.5_fanatic
                    Bloodstained
                    • Dec 2017

I ordered a barrel in January. It was processed on the fifth and I got it on the eleventh.

Comment

• Turkey hunter 82
                      Unwashed
                      • Jan 2018

Good news is they finally shipped my BCG and I should have it tomorrow, 3 week wait but its finally on it's way. I'm ready to put this build together and see how my first Grendel will perform.

Comment

• diddlyv
                        Warrior
                        • Aug 2016

I got my free barrel for being a vet in a couple of weeks and probably about 2 weeks to get the complete upper I recently bought. The upper came a few days earlier than the complete lower I order from another supplier the same day.
                        Queen of Battle
                        Follow Me

Life NRA, DAV ,VFW, SASS

Comment

• Sputnik
                          Warrior
                          • May 2013

I visited BCA and came to the conclusion that they are set up for manufacturing more so than retail to the individual consumer. They have no showroom and do not sell there at the factory. It is all online with the main focus on selling their products to other vendors. I do not think they ship everyday, I would guess they gather the orders from a week and have them picked up or pack them in a vehicle and take them for mailing. The receptions is doesn't have any knowledge of the firearms and must call on one guy who runs the sales. They were/are famous for machining other items for large companies and have only recently ventured into making barrels, receivers, handguards, etc. They do however make almost everything there except for small things like springs, nuts and bolts, and other easily obtained items. I have purchased one complete 22e Wylde upper from them, and one complete Grendel upper from Primary Arms; both offer military discount. Primary Arms prices are 30-40 dollars cheaper, and for NC residents there is no tax as there is with BCA. Now since I was there, they have changed their phone system and are trying very hard to please individual online buyers. They have always been very accommodating, courteous, and professional. When their inventory of specific items go out of stock, it may be a few months before they run that item again. That is why I cancelled my out of stock Grendel order with them because Primary Arms had one in stock. Hang in there and keep calling every few days until get your questions answered.

Comment

• longlickfriends77
                            Bloodstained
                            • Jan 2018

I have ordered a few barrels from them and it does take a lil more time to receive your product. If you order from primary arms or classic firearms it is quicker.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
                              Warrior
                              • Jul 2017

Just yesterday I got a notification that my BCG will be delivered today, even though the day before UPS was only showing that a label had been created. Hopefully that means everyone else waiting on BCGs will have theirs shipped now too.

Comment

Working...
                              X