X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BCHunter
    Warrior
    • Jan 2018

Great AZHT, I have that on my work bench already, is that 2784 builds a confirmed number? Think it should be repeated just to be sure

Comment

• AZHTfreak
      Warrior
      • Jan 2017

I took the volume of the tub divided by the square root of 2 times 3 dabs per barrel nut to come up with my scientific wild-arse guess. Doh, wait, that's the same model they use for predicting global warming!

Seriously though, any molybdenum disulfide grease will do the job as well as the expensive stuff.
      Last edited by AZHTfreak; 02-11-2018, 09:29 AM.
      DOJ+FBI+IRS+AFT=NKVD. Joe Stalin and Lavrentiy Pavlovich Beria are tap dancing in hell right now...

Comment

• outbreaker
        Warrior
        • Feb 2018

I have always used white lithium with no issues.

Comment

• Dcommoncents
          Warrior
          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          The barrel nut installation process changed with the M4 after seeing some weird issues with M4 nuts coming loose that had not been typically seen with the M16 series.

There was one particular M4 in Swamp Phase of Ranger School that suffered from saltwater corrosion over time, and the barrel, handguards, etc. literally fell off.

How is this even possible with the gas tube in place? The barrel nut shouldn't be able to loosen.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
            Chieftain
            • Oct 2016

The salt corrosion has eaten the threads away from the receiver, giving the barrel nut less to hold. A few prone plants (probably hundreds) and it eventually gives up. The steel barrel nut didn’t turn, it stripped the receiver threads.
            Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Tex Nomex
              Warrior
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Dcommoncents View Post
              How is this even possible with the gas tube in place? The barrel nut shouldn't be able to loosen.

It didn't. Saltwater corroded the upper receiver threads, then the barrel nut blew straight off over those weakened threads.
              "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
              -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Comment

• Dcommoncents
                Warrior
                • Jul 2017

Ahh, that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                X