• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackthemundy
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2018

Another Pig Video Last Night

Here's another video guys from last night. A front came in from the north around 10:00 and the temp dropped from 65 to 45 in nothing flat with a light mist. We got 3.5" of rain earlier throughout the day. Before you watch this I want you to know it's long. I haven't figured out how to edit yet. Unfortunately the best part is about the last 10 seconds. Any editing tips would be appreciated. Here's the particulars:
    - 6.5 G AP upper RRA lower 20" brl
    - Hornady 123gr SST factory ammo
    - A very cautious boar who took his ever loving time getting to where I wanted to take the shot
    - first shot was at 93 yards and hit in the right shoulder area
    - second shot was at 114 yards and hit somewhere on the left side. That one finished him.
    Unlike DoubleNaughtSpy there is no way on God's green earth I'm going to perform an autopsy, especially as bad as he's stinking today! And LRRPF52, the knock down survey has been updated .
  • sierracharlie338
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2018

Great video. Im no help cause I don't have a thermal yet... YET!

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
      Chieftain
      • Sep 2013

Editing requires the appropriate software. What I use is no longer made. :-(

Your boar took a while to get where you wanted him, but you were lucky in that he never moved anywhere very quickly before you shot him. Excellent job on the followup shot.
      Kill a hog. Save the planet.
      My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• Bowhntr6pt
        Warrior
        • Feb 2017

Nice... you have great patience.

Comment

• v1911
          Bloodstained
          • Jan 2018

Great kill.
          Very little muzzle movement from the initial shot. Are you using a suppressor or a brake?

Comment

• LRRPF52
            Super Moderator
            • Sep 2014

That second shot was a great follow-up.

I was mentally breaking shots from about 1:43 onward.
            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• jackthemundy
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2018

v1911, I'm using a brake. It's a Strike Industries J Comp 2. Seems to work well. Definitely helps keep me on the target for second shots. LRRPF52, I know what you mean, LOL! My problem is that I tend to like watching the critters awhile before I shoot. The ground was covered with corn so I know he wasn't going anywhere. One thing I've learned about the pigs around here is that they are somewhat time oriented. They usually come to chow around the same time unless you disrupt the pattern. This boy was right on schedule. The night before he came in fifteen minutes later but he caught my scent and took off. The biggest problem these porkers got around here is that I'm retired so I got all the time in the world and I enjoy disrupting their schedules, hehe.

Comment

• Bevo
                Warrior
                • Feb 2018

I love a great follow up shot, nice work and great patience!

Comment

Working...
                X