• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ty_hooper12
    Warrior
    • Oct 2017

110gr Maker Grendel Rounds

Has anybody tried the 110gr Maker rounds for the Grendel? If so, how do you like it? I've had great results with SST, just sort of have an itch to try something new.
  • 6.5_fanatic
    Bloodstained
    • Dec 2017

I'm thinking about these too, they look mean. I never can catch them in stock.

Comment

• thedudeabides
      Bloodstained
      • Jan 2016

I have and shot a couple deer with them. There's a thread w/ pics from back in November. I love them and that's what I'll hunt with from now on. The perfect hunting bullet, no fraggin' lead to eat.
      18" .264 LBC BHW fluted barrel

Comment

• dpete
        Warrior
        • May 2016

Here is what a 200grain Maker 30 cal subsonic bullet out of a 300BLK looks like after travelling 3/4 of the way through a deer from front to back. Bullet entered between the shoulder and the brisket and I recovered it from the stomach. The deer went about 30 yards and flopped over.

Comment

• Tex Nomex
          Warrior
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by dpete View Post
          Here is what a 200grain Maker 30 cal subsonic bullet out of a 300BLK looks like after travelling 3/4 of the way through a deer from front to back. Bullet entered between the shoulder and the brisket and I recovered it from the stomach. The deer went about 30 yards and flopped over.

photo 1
          photo 2
          Wow. That's very impressive expansion from a subsonic round. Maybe my next build should feature a short Bison 1:7 300BLK barrel.
          "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
          -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Comment

• dpete
            Warrior
            • May 2016

The Makers do have some wicked expansion. I have 3 subsonic rounds loaded for my 8" suppressed 300BLK SBR. A 220 SMK, a Hornady 225 HPBT, and this 200 Maker. All of them are running 970-980 fps and impact the same point at 50 yards. The Maker is the only one of the 3 that is a hunting bullet.

Comment

• dammitman
              Warrior
              • Dec 2012

ok, I'm sold

Comment

• ty_hooper12
                Warrior
                • Oct 2017

Comment

• ty_hooper12
                  Warrior
                  • Oct 2017

Also, thanks for the feedback!

Comment

• dpete
                    Warrior
                    • May 2016

Originally posted by 6.5_fanatic View Post
                    I'm thinking about these too, they look mean. I never can catch them in stock.
                    Go to Maker's website and use the phone # listed there to call them. The number gets you the owner of the company. I called when I was looking for the subsonic Blackout bullets to ask when they would be instock and was told they were instock despite the website saying they weren't. The owner asked if I was an OEM or an individual and when I stated I was an individual he gave me a 10% off discount code to use on the site. I ended up getting free shipping because my order was over $150.00 + the 10% off. Great company to deal with.

Comment

• 6.5_fanatic
                      Bloodstained
                      • Dec 2017

Thanks for the info.

Comment

• dpete
                        Warrior
                        • May 2016

Originally posted by ty_hooper12 View Post
                        That’s definitely some nasty penetrating power and expansion! I might have to give these a try for hogs and deer. Choices choices...
                        Penetrating power as long as you keep it away from the shoulder blades....at least for the subsonics. I have no experience with their supersonics but it would be a question to ask of the ownership.

Comment

• ty_hooper12
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2017

Will do, thank you for the info!

Comment

Working...
                          X