• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frontier Gear
    Warrior
    • Nov 2017

New Anderson Lower

Hey guys,
    I just thought that I would share this. Anderson has a new "blank" lower. It's not an 80%. It simply has no logo. It would be cool to use as a base for your next Grendel build and have someone laser on a monster logo (with BFT's permission).

ghost-lower-final.jpg
    Engineer, FFL and Pastor
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

PSA is doing a "Stealth" lower with no roll mark as well. I think they still put PSA on it somehow, but there is no caliber or purpose marking on it for those wanting to make alternate build functions without marking limitations.

With the popularity of the PDW and pistol builds coming around, I expect this trend to be on the uptick.
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• mdram
      Warrior
      • Sep 2016

group buy?
      just some targets for printing
      https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• explorecaves
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mdram View Post
        group buy?
        Highly unlikely due to FFL requirement.

Comment

• mdram
          Warrior
          • Sep 2016

Originally posted by explorecaves View Post
          Highly unlikely due to FFL requirement.
          happens all the time.
          1 ffl receives them and ships to other ffls
          difficult, but not impossible

Comment

• Kswhitetails
            Chieftain
            • Oct 2016

I wonder what the price of the lower would have to be to justify the double shipping and FFL xfer fees? Doubt we could get it low enough to make it viable. It's just too easy to have it shipped once, transferred once. Stripped lowers are cheap anyway. Full assemblies maybe...

Perhaps, if someone wanted to organize a GB, they might work directly with a manufacturer, and bring a list of committed purchasers say, 20+?, the manufacturer would agree that those who were a part of the group buy would get a discount of X dollars or % from them. If one was of a mind to set this kind of thing up, I would see this as a possible option.

I envision it working something like this:

Organizer would get a hold of a manufacturer, and get from them a number of lowers that would be required to obtain a discount, or numbers that would offer levels of discount.

Come back to the board, and organize buyers with commitments. (there would need to be some way to involve commitment?)

Once the numbers of committed buyers was reached, return to the manuf for a purchase date/deadline and perhaps a group buy discount code, which would be disseminated to the buyers privately.

Buyers would then purchase directly from the manufacturer on or by the date required, with code and their own FFL info, and would be charged with the applied discount at the EOB that day.

Just throwing out ideas of how it might be done to work around the FFL complications...

I don't even know if this would be legal. There's probably some law or regulation that this would violate...
            Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• mdram
              Warrior
              • Sep 2016

i was invisionng it more of a group by with the logo etched pre treatment

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

Originally posted by mdram View Post
                i was invisionng it more of a group by with the logo etched pre treatment
                Just another step for the organizer at that point. Laser etching adds to the cost, but could be something folks want to pay for.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2017

Well they are out of stock now. Another option would be these. I've used them before and the quality is very good. They are basically an Anderson 80% lower that an FFL/Machine shop custom finishes for you. Then he ships it to the FFL of your choice.

Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                    Warrior
                    • Nov 2017

If you wanted to do a group buy (and if BFT would allow it), the best option would be to use an 80% lower like this one.

For rough figures and if we did a batch of 10 of them, I should be able to get them for $60 each with the laser engraving. Add shipping to your house from mine. No FFLs but it would be up to you to mill it out.

Another option is https://www.axismfgcnc.com/ He is a licensed FFL/manufacture and does custom lowers, gas blocks, muzzle breaks, Glock slides, etc... I don't care for his choice of music (in the video), but he is a good guy and does nice work.
                    Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

Working...
                    X