• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sargeny1
    Unwashed
    • Nov 2017

Starline Brass IV

Hey All...received my order of 500 6.5 Grendel Brass yesterday...weighed all 500.... 151 came in at 109 to 109.9gr....349 came in at 110 to 110.9gr....not much of a spread to worry about....actually there was 502 in the box.....typical Starline QC.....by contrast my Hornady brass comes in 114gr....MAYBE can go up one more grain for my favorite loads with this excellent Starline brass......
    Pete
  • mdewitt71
    Warrior
    • Dec 2016

Although I have never worried about brass wt. variances, All my Starline brass (pistols and rifles) seems to be slightly less cc volume than that of other brands.
    I have had my Grendel Starline brass for a while (picked it up the day it was made) but, am waiting my bullets and my upper to arrive this week to start loading.
    I think it will perform great and be another addition to the Grendel mix.
    ― George Orwell

Comment

• StoneHendge
      Chieftain
      • May 2016

That is a LOT better than the Cream S'more brass I got from them. +/- 1% is good enough for all but the most truly anal of the Horde. Lighter than Hornady is interesting though. If I recall correctly, their S'more brass is over 10% heavier than Hornady.
      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• centerfire
        Warrior
        • Dec 2017

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
        That is a LOT better than the Cream S'more brass I got from them. +/- 1% is good enough for all but the most truly anal of the Horde. Lighter than Hornady is interesting though. If I recall correctly, their S'more brass is over 10% heavier than Hornady.
        That's pretty excellent variation, much better than any of the Starline brass I've ever used.

Comment

• sargeny1
          Unwashed
          • Nov 2017

Hey All...YES..that is an excellent variation...it was surprising.....most of my starline brass is heavier than others...I had to cut my loads 2 full grains when using their .308 brass...
          Pete
          Last edited by sargeny1; 02-19-2018, 01:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• hill37
            Warrior
            • Apr 2017

I congratulated Starline on their Grendel production and ask about making 6mm Grendel. A real person answered and said they would keep the 6mm in mind. Probably won't happen but it beat a robo answer.

Comment

Working...
            X