Clear All
  • bkelectricinc
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2018

Recipe Advice Please!

• Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

Volume 1 & Volume 2 + 6.5 Grendel / 6mm AR Chamber Brushes Volume 1: AR-15 Reloading Basics Volume 2: Reloading for Hunting Two Pack of 6.5 Grendel / 6mm AR Chamber Brushes *** IMPORTANT *** SHIPS US Domestic (Includes Alaska & Hawaii)

A bunch of recipes for all different bullets. Very valuable books.

Comment

• BCHunter
      Warrior
      • Jan 2018

If you read the sticky thread on preferred loads you will get some insight on it. Most popular powders seem to be cfe223, IMR 2028XBR, and ARCOMP

Also
      1- hornady a-max is discontinued for the ELD Match so unless you have a pile of them I would look for a different bullet.

2- there is too much variance in 6.5 grendal chambers from one manufacture to another to say this reload will work for you. It would be prudent to use published data and work your load up.

Comment

• grayfox
        Chieftain
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by BCHunter View Post
        If you read the sticky thread on preferred loads you will get some insight on it. Most popular powders seem to be cfe223, IMR 2028XBR, and ARCOMP

Also
        1- hornady a-max is discontinued for the ELD Match so unless you have a pile of them I would look for a different bullet.

2- there is too much variance in 6.5 grendal chambers from one manufacture to another to say this reload will work for you. It would be prudent to use published data and work your load up.
        I would suggest a slight addition to #2, each barrel is unique even if cut one after the other using the exact process, reamer, barrel steel, batch, etc, etc. We are dealing with measurements in the 10,000ths and pressure waves in the micro-sec as well as manuf tolerances, so no 2 barrels or chambers will be identical.

This (BCH et al) is all good advice.

One more thing, the word on 8208-XBR is tread carefully with 120-123 class bullets, pressure can spike very quickly on ladders. 28.5 is the generally-used MAX for this powder under this class bullet.
        "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Crusty
          Warrior
          • Dec 2017

I get sub MOA groups in my 18" barrel with 26.8gr of AR-Comp, 123gr ELD-Ms (similar bullet) loaded to .062" off the lands and CCI #450 primers, with no over pressure signs. ES 11, SD 5.4, 2448 fps avg.

My testing identified this load as an OCW accuracy node and I like the temperature insensitivity of AR-Comp, but I weigh my charges because crunching extruded powders in a measure causes varying charges.
          I'll be yer Huckleberry.

Comment

Working...
          X