• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kedenver
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2018

Took the Grendel Plunge...Ammo question

SO this is my first post..been watching and learning the last few months and finally took the Grendel plunge. I build my first upper, I have built many lowers. I used a Odin works barrel kit and when I test fired the first time, I got the bolt to lock back but no ejection..the case was just laying loose on top of the mag....I thought well new bolt and carrier maybe it needs some breaking in. Well after 10 shots all locked the bolt but no ejection. I was using American Eagle 90 grain. I had some Hornady Black and tried them, function was flawless ejection at 4 o'clock, zero issues. So since I reload I looked at the brass and the rim on the Eagle appears to be thinner. So I am asking have other shad this issue. The Hordany rim appears to be noticeably thicker and am thinking the ejector may not be holding the case long enough for ejection but enough for extraction. Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome in !

I had about same issue with my first Grrr upper. I installed a D fender extractor upgrade in the bolt- fixed the problem.

Also, there was a small burr the ejector hole- the ejector would hang up and cause jams.
    Last edited by sneaky one; 02-21-2018, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X