• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xtultegra
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2018

My Grendel

Just finished it this weekend. Took it out and put a box of black through it, cleaning between shots. Didn't really zero it in yet as we were having too much fun just shooting it. Built this with my 12 year old son: Aero lower- $79. including FFL fee (damn Ca); Aero upper $51.; Saander's Armory bc Group $89.; knock off mlok free float 15" barrel shroud used $42.; Trinity Force Alpha Buffer and Butt stock $35.; 20" Satern Heavy Barrel $85.; Andersen lower parts group $40.;High Profile ArmourTac 1" Scope Mount $29.; BSA 3x9 illuminated reticle free off an old deer rifle. Joebob outfitters brand name adjustable gas block and tube $38. Joeboboutfitters standard Charge handle $18.; knock off muzzle break for an AR10 $15. Total $521.

We painted the upper and barrel shroud with a rattle can.

Grendel5.png
    Attached Files
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

Welcome aboard! Nice rifle. $85 for a Satern barrel is crazy. Congratulations!
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Tex Nomex
      Warrior
      • Dec 2017

$85 for that barrel?! Great buy there! I paid that for a 9" BA 300BLK barrel.
      Nice rifle for a great price!
      "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
      -- Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist Papers at 184-188

Comment

• xtultegra
        Unwashed
        • Jan 2018

I really shoped sales, clearances, and gun shows. Took me forever to find pieces I wanted at good prices. Skimped here and there, but that makes for future upgrades. Changed my mind several times also. Started out as a 556 build but you guys sold me on the Grendel, and I'm very thankful for that!

Comment

• Kswhitetails
          Chieftain
          • Oct 2016

And leaves more budget for glass! We need a range report!
          Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• xtultegra
            Unwashed
            • Jan 2018

Still have not properly sighted it in. The range has been too busy. I like to go when there are few people and few distractions. I replace the crude muzzle break with a thread protector. We have put about 60 rounds through it shooting off hand with lots of cleaning and never more than 3 shots in the clip. My 12 year old impressed my shooting buddies by drilling a small water bottle while standing and shooting off hand at 50 yards. They don't shoot much, so they were very impressed. I will get it on the bench soon and get it dialed in.

Comment

Working...
            X