• Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

Sorry to go off topic...

Hey look, ^^^^^

Kmon is back!

Good to see you on the boards again!

Back on topic...

I only have one run of CFE test data and never got to a really good velocity node. I did get one spike of 90 fps from the previous string at 29.3gr under a 123 ELD, and was approaching a second at 31.1 with a 40 fps jump. My increments were in .3gr. When I got up to 30.8 the grouping was really opening up and IIRC primers getting flattened.

These were with 1x Hornady brass, sized to 1.170 x .003 neck tension/trim at 1.515, CCI BR primers, COAL at 2.26. PF Neptune upper Barlitien 18".
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• hikfromstik
      Warrior
      • Oct 2016

I never could get my groups below 1" at 100yds with cfe223 . Moved on to 8208xbr for 120 grain and below . Switched to power pro varmint with heavies ( 130grain ) when Sierra started listing it and never looked back . Just be sure to use CCI 450 small rifle magnum primers with cfe223 . Power pro 2000mr is another interesting powder, but has temp sensitivity problems.
      Last edited by hikfromstik; 02-21-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
        Sorry to go off topic...

Hey look, ^^^^^

Kmon is back!

Good to see you on the boards again!

Back on topic....

+1!
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

It works for me! 22" JP barrel. Load was developed in the 70s and holds accuracy and stays true to ballistics program from 50-90. Velocity 2560 with single digit SD. Runs down to 2540 at 50 and up to 2580 at 90.

image.jpeg

Note the first 3 formed a two leaf clover. Since you are new here, #4 is what is know as a StoneHendge. It can also be used as a verb "I can't believe I StoneHendged my shot"

image.jpeg

The above is 5 shots.
          Last edited by StoneHendge; 02-21-2018, 04:06 PM.
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by StoneHendge View Post
            #4 is what is known as a StoneHendge. It can also be used as a verb "I can't believe I StoneHendged my shot"
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• kmon
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2015

Off Topic

Sticks and KSWhitetails, thanks for the welcome back. I am not posting as much these days and when I do I think about it a lot before posting trying to make sure what I type is correct. Mind is getting better but still not 100% and waiting on couple things to heal before bypass surgery which should be in a few weeks. Will let you all know when that is about to happen.

Back to Topic. I use CFE223 in the Grendel and 17 Remington where that copper fouling eraser is fantastic to have. 25gr bullets at 4250fps do tend to copper foul pretty bad without some help. That is especially true in a factory Remington barrel.

Comment

• Grendy hunter
                Unwashed
                • Aug 2017

My goto powder with 100 gn Barnes ttsx. Runs close to 2750fps with no pressure signs on my brass at all. Does seem to be a bit temp sensitive but gives me a consistent load with about 10 SD

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Last edited by sneaky one; 02-23-2018, 11:42 PM.

Comment

• maxxmojo
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jul 2016

I used it for a while when I initially got into reloading. At most temperatures it worked OK for me (less than or equal to MOA groups) with 123 Amax's, though I did have one hot summer where the temp sensitivity got out of control for me and I stopped using it.

Comment

• outbreaker
                      Warrior
                      • Feb 2018

The only thing that has me questioning it is when I was hunting in that nasty cold snap (14 degrees on our thermometer) my gun lost zero (assuming due to temp sensitivity) and got it back when the temps went up.

Comment

Working...
                      X