• Show
Clear All
  • Kswhitetails
    Chieftain
    • Oct 2016

We need a sticky for the Grendel Reloading Handbooks

www.AR15buildbox.com.

Also, refer to http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...-Print-Updates
    Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.
  • ricsmall
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

+1. Invaluable resource to grendel shooters new and seasoned alike
    Member since 2011, data lost in last hack attack

Comment

• grayfox
      Chieftain
      • Jan 2017

Agree wholeheartedly.
      "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• rmrvtr
        Unwashed
        • Nov 2017

+1. I just received Volumes 1 and 2 last week and my eyes have been glued. When reading before bed, my wife commented "what book are you reading? It must be a pretty good read." Then when I showed her that it was on reloading I got the look.

Comment

• LRRPF52
          Super Moderator
          • Sep 2014

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Kswhitetails
            Chieftain
            • Oct 2016

I did not mean to omit the attributions, I regret not having included them. I did not know about RickOshay, I haven’t been around as long and just didn’t know. I have seen his load data, among others included in the books.

I stand by the call for a handbook sticky, these are worth plastering up top, for posterity (and to beat with a “refer to the thread...” stick). We could and do use the other threads as such, but a sticky holds its own special brand of importance.

I personally started at the stickies when I began reading here, before I joined and took the plunge. Others may well do the same. It took a little while for me to dig through the board, and since I can’t remember exactly how I learned of them, someone probably had to refer me to them as well. A sticky with testament to their prowess would be great for the newer arrivals that may not even realize what they are.
            Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• Drillboss
              Warrior
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
              I did not mean to omit the attributions, I regret not having included them. I did not know about RickOshay, I haven’t been around as long and just didn’t know. I have seen his load data, among others included in the books.

I stand by the call for a handbook sticky, these are worth plastering up top, for posterity (and to beat with a “refer to the thread...” stick). We could and do use the other threads as such, but a sticky holds its own special brand of importance.

I personally started at the stickies when I began reading here, before I joined and took the plunge. Others may well do the same. It took a little while for me to dig through the board, and since I can’t remember exactly how I learned of them, someone probably had to refer me to them as well. A sticky with testament to their prowess would be great for the newer arrivals that may not even realize what they are.
              RickOShay = Greg Luli

I'll agree with the need to "sticky" things like this. Everything on the forum, and the answers to most of your questions, can be found with the search function and extended research, but it's a lot like going through a pile of encyclopedia's with the covers torn off.

Anyone else remember encyclopedias?

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

I still have a set, and I agree with your assessment wholeheartedly. Though, digging into that pile usually leads me to learning more than I ever thought to starting out-SQUIRREL!

Comment

• Drillboss
                  Warrior
                  • Jan 2015

LOL.

Really.

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

Beauty of the hard copy Encyclopedias is internet screwer-uppers (for lack of a better word) cannot secretly change them or block you from using them. I too still have a set of World Books...
                    This Grendel info is invaluable and as you can see many newbies are coming on board and they all ask the same questions....... which these books could and do address very well.
                    Anyway kudos to all of you involved!!! We are in y'all's debt to be sure.
                    The books really set the standard high for any other caliber to match up to.
                    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• JethroBodine
                      Bloodstained
                      • Apr 2017

Great idea Kswhitetails!

If we're taking a poll or voting put me down as a +1.

Comment

• Sticks
                        Chieftain
                        • Dec 2016

Even a new forum section called "Resources" having the link to the reloading manuals, accurizing an AR, Bedding and other approved mods to the Howa Rifles (mag shortening, mag release shortening, ect,)...

Select threads from the various sub sections that have proven to be very valuable, and frequently inquired.

I dare say a tool loan thread as well for lapping, reamers, head space gauges...
                        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• Wafavre2
                          Warrior
                          • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                          Even a new forum section called "Resources" having the link to the reloading manuals, accurizing an AR, Bedding and other approved mods to the Howa Rifles (mag shortening, mag release shortening, ect,)...

Select threads from the various sub sections that have proven to be very valuable, and frequently inquired.

I dare say a tool loan thread as well for lapping, reamers, head space gauges...
                          Great ! This would be welcome news.

Comment

• cb4017
                            Warrior
                            • Dec 2016

I bought my set early on, even before I had a barrel. The information in them has been invaluable and has helped keep me on the right track.
                            Cliff
                            USN Ret., FPD Ret.

Dues Vult

Comment

• Lakeray
                              Bloodstained
                              • Nov 2014

I love the books. Without them I would have wasted a lot of time and powder looking for the right loads!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X