• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SharpD0g
    Unwashed
    • Feb 2018

Hey everyone, glad to be here

I've been lurking for quite a while under another user name that is in limbo now

but anyways, I've been looking to use my DDM4V7LW for deer hunting instead of my .308's. The best I could do for an AR was the Black Hills .77gr. match ammo ahich had a great enough mass to do some damage. I never pulled the trigger on that (sic. ) but just recently ordered my 6.5G upper instead.

I ordered a really premium upper (for a hunting upper, not long range) that offered an ultra-light configuration and Cerakote Camo from an experienced builder. I got the upper, 12 E-Lander magazines and 4K rds of Wolf 100gr. ammo for $2500

There's not very many deer hunting calibers that you can say that about (without reloading). Now I know that the Black Hills load is like 3x more accurate (sub moa vs. about 2 moa) but for East TN brush hunting that's likely not a factor. 'Minute-of-deer' is fine with me.

I did a pdf comparing these two loads. Sort of the best 5.56 vs. the cheapest 6.5G comparison:6.5 Grendel (100gr) vs 5.56 (77gr) Long Range Comparison.pdf
  • VASCAR2
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum SharpD0g!

Comment

• ClutchAutomatic
      Warrior
      • Jan 2018

3 times more accurate at 4 times the price

Comment

• IescapedCali
        Warrior
        • Sep 2017

Welcome, from Nevada!

Comment

• Texas
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum SharpDOg from North Texas.

Comment

• just_john
            Chieftain
            • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, SharpDIg, from the Great Nation of Texas! What part of the world are you in?

Comment

Working...
            X