• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whiskey_Tango
    Unwashed
    • Jan 2017

Donate to the NRA in March 24th!

Wanted to share this thread.

"The anti-gunner dweebs are planning their "March for our Lives" on 03/24/18. I saw a Facebook post of someone proposing a money bomb for the NRA on that day for us to fight back. The NRA has 5 million members, if everyone gave just $1 that would still be $5 million in one day. I'm putting myself down for $20. Who's with me? If your principles don't allow you to donate to the NRA, then donate to the GOA or whatever group of your choosing. However I would urge you to think about the fact that, whenever the SHTF, the NRA is the organization that the Left spends all its energy demonizing and smearing. They wouldn't expend all that effort if they didn't fear the crap of the NRA.

Gun owners need to work and have families, we don't have time to march like they do. However, we can click through some money to our pro-gun organizations. What do you guys say? Spread the word."
    Last edited by Whiskey_Tango; 04-25-2018, 12:29 PM.
  • bj139
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2017

Sounds good. I'm in.

Comment

• IescapedCali
      Warrior
      • Sep 2017

+1

Comment

• mdram
        Warrior
        • Sep 2016

lots of pressure at the state levels also, which the nra often ignores.
        look into your state 2nd amendment organizations also
        just some targets for printing
        https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• Lakeray
          Bloodstained
          • Nov 2014

I'm in!! Got it set on my calendar...

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
            Warrior
            • Nov 2015

I'm in. $20 for me, which is pretty damned low cost considering what the NRA does for us.
            If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• Drift
              Warrior
              • Nov 2014

Thats the same NRA that wants to ban bump stocks, right?

Comment

• mdewitt71
                Warrior
                • Dec 2016

You realize the NRA quit being a Gun Owner focused entity decades ago????????????????

Each and every dollar that goes to the NRA is a dollar wasted for a Gun owning rights; FACT.
                It needs burnt to the ground....... they wont get one cent from me anymore.
                ― George Orwell

Comment

• wags68
                  Bloodstained
                  • Nov 2017

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
                  You realize the NRA quit being a Gun Owner focused entity decades ago????????????????

Each and every dollar that goes to the NRA is a dollar wasted for a Gun owning rights; FACT.
                  It needs burnt to the ground....... they wont get one cent from me anymore.
                  Truth, Donate to the GOA instead.

Comment

• LRRPF52
                    Super Moderator
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by wags68 View Post
                    Truth, Donate to the GOA instead.
                    How many millions of pro-2A and Bill of Rights educational periodicals has GOA put into homes across the US?

How many millions of people have any of these other "gun advocacy" groups trained in firearms safety?

One of the reasons I gained very early literacy, vocabulary, and usage of the English language was because my grandpa would hand me his back issues of American Rifleman before I even started the train wreck known as grade school. I specifically remember reading many accounts of people who defended themselves with firearms, the history of gun control enacted on slaves, how gun control worked to empower tyrannical murderers in other countries and in history, court battles over our rights, as well as technical discussions about firearms and cartridges.

The NRA was able to communicate a different viewpoint than I was seeing on the big 3 presstitute brothel networks on TV, or hearing at school later on from post menopausal angry old ladies who seemed to hate little boys being boys in their precious rowed classrooms of submission.

The NRA empowered me with information and logical arguments that stood taller, and adhered to more stringent ethical and sensical foundations than the emotional knee-jerk garbage being excreted from the TVs and wolves in sheep's skin news anchors of my day. I remember the "Saturday Night Special" arguments back then, which was one of the big emotional call to actions for legislating against firearms ownership.

"We don't want to take away your hunting rifles and shotguns, but...."

Guess who stood in opposition to those calls to that type of legislation back then and informed millions of Americans like me about the truth behind these feel good proposals?

NRA-ILA Saturday Night Specials

The NRA.

When we established safety standards in Boy Scouts of America for the Shooting Sports after National tried to eliminate Shooting Sports from BSA activities, it wasn't the GOA who made it happen, it was the NRA. When I went to National Camp School to get certified to be able to run programs for our summer camps and other shooting sports activities, it wasn't volunteers from GOA who taught the courses and provided the course material, standards, posters, and training aids. It was the NRA.

People need to stop being emotionally-triggered into really poor arguments in favor of fly-by-night opportunists, and take into account all of the facts.

There is no other organization that even comes close to the NRA's influence, education, and distribution of pro-2A causes.

My grandpa was a Democrat Union employee who worked for Douglas Aerospace. He was heavily influenced how to vote in State and local elections, as well as National matters by the union, but he was still a member of the NRA. Imagine how I might have turned out if I hadn't had that early influence of American Rifleman.
                    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• mdewitt71
                      Warrior
                      • Dec 2016

the problem is, it is not your Grandfather's NRA anymore..... this coming from a lifetime member son or another lifetime member son of another.
                      The truth is out there if you are willing to listen and really look, the NRA is a farce now days.
                      ― George Orwell

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2015

The NRA is the only politically-based organization (or individual) I've ever donated to. And considering it all, I'll certainly continue funding and supporting the NRA until I see a need otherwise. And that won't happen anytime soon.

There's nothing wrong with the NRA, GOA, and other 2a supporting groups fighting for the common cause. After all, it's not as if there's only one anti-gun group trying desperately to turn this country into another Australia. The fact that the NRA is constantly on the radar of the likes of CNN, Democrats and related people-controllers tells me that organization is doing something right.
                        If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• biodsl
                          Chieftain
                          • Aug 2011

I'm a member of the NRA and make donations to the Oregon Firearms Federation annually. Both will be getting an additional donations from me on March 24th.
                          Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• LRRPF52
                            Super Moderator
                            • Sep 2014

Originally posted by mdewitt71 View Post
                            the problem is, it is not your Grandfather's NRA anymore..... this coming from a lifetime member son or another lifetime member son of another.
                            The truth is out there if you are willing to listen and really look, the NRA is a farce now days.
                            The NRA has come a long way more towards supporting any firearms, as opposed to the days when I grew up when FUDDs ruled the NRA roost, "I'm a hunter but..." types, and, "There's no need for those types of weapons of war on our streets."

You don't hear that other than a few Fudd hold-outs and poseurs presenting to be gun-owners now. SHOT Show is a big reflection of this. You used to not see many black rifle booths, everything was Fuddville and Real Tree camo, jerkey, knives, custom wood stocks, blue steel and walnut.

Now those booths are looked at strangely as people walk by.

I remember the American Riflemen cover from one of the issues in 1989, with all the AR15s, AKs, HKs, etc. on the front as examples of what had been banned by CA legislature, with a warning that this could happen to the Nation now. They were right.

I did my NRA certs much later, nowhere near when my grandfather was alive.
                            NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• montana
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                              The NRA has come a long way more towards supporting any firearms, as opposed to the days when I grew up when FUDDs ruled the NRA roost, "I'm a hunter but..." types, and, "There's no need for those types of weapons of war on our streets."

You don't hear that other than a few Fudd hold-outs and poseurs presenting to be gun-owners now. SHOT Show is a big reflection of this. You used to not see many black rifle booths, everything was Fuddville and Real Tree camo, jerkey, knives, custom wood stocks, blue steel and walnut.

Now those booths are looked at strangely as people walk by.

I remember the American Riflemen cover from one of the issues in 1989, with all the AR15s, AKs, HKs, etc. on the front as examples of what had been banned by CA legislature, with a warning that this could happen to the Nation now. They were right.

I did my NRA certs much later, nowhere near when my grandfather was alive.
                              You are right on the money 52. Well said! I belong to many pro gun organizations, but the NRA has always been the lead flag ship. Creating friction between pro gun groups does not help. We will either stand together or we will be divided and defeated. What we decide to do today will determine if we will have any 2nd Amend rights tomorrow. Excuses will mean nothing if we loose this battle, just ask the former gun owners in England and Australia.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN0Xi8no6us
                              Last edited by montana; 02-23-2018, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X