• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwynn481
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2018

new member with rookie questions.

New to the grendel world. Currently waiting on parts to be shipped, will have to post some pics when i finally get everything in and get it put together. Anyway, I'm excited about this new firearm venture as it will be my first ar15 build. I do have some "rookie" questions pertaining to this particular round. What are the most reliable 10 round and 20 round mags? Adjustable gas block as i might run suppressed in the future? accuracy and speed differences in 16/18" barrels. the list could go on.
  • just_john
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2012

Welcome to the Clan, jwynn481, from the Great Nation of Texas! If you don't already have it, let me encourage you to get Vol's 1 and 2 of the Grendel Handbook that several of the mod's got together and created. Contact BFT or LR..52 for access info. This answers many of the questions that you do or will have. As to mags, that seems to change from time to time as to the good, the bad and the ugly.
    What are your goals and what part of the world are you in?

Comment

• jwynn481
      Bloodstained
      • Feb 2018

Im from north texas as well, Gunter to be exact. How would i go about finding the handbook, on here? or is it like a barnes and noble item?

Comment

• just_john
        Chieftain
        • Sep 2012

Go to the [ AR15 Box Build ] and look for LRRPF52's posts about Vol's 1 and 2 of the reloading manual. It really covers much more than reloading, kind of the Bible of all things Grendel. PM him for purchasing info. It is worth every cent! The amount of research and documentation contained in them is incredible!

Comment

• VASCAR2
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Welcome to the forum jwynn481! There is a loss in velocity going from 18” to 16” 6.5 Grendel but this varies from rifle to rifle and the specific ammunition. In my experience the difference between 18” & 16” is about 40 FPS to about 80 FPS. As stated above the magazines for the 6.5 Grendel can have lemons slip through. I like E-Lander mags but have ASC and the original C Products. My suggestion is to buy your mags from a vendor with good customer service in the event you get a lemon.

Comment

• Popeye212
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2018

Welcome from the Republic of Texas some them Dallas boys get confused at time...

Comment

• jwynn481
              Bloodstained
              • Feb 2018

thats right popeye212, dallas and austin are not very good representatives of this great state. Thank you for the info vascar2 i believe I'm going to go with the 18" barrel.

Comment

• Texas
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2016

Welcome to the forum Jwynn481 from Fannin County Texas.

Comment

• IescapedCali
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2017

Welcome to The Horde, from Nevada, jwynn481. Are you planning a gun for hogs and deer, or paper and steel? Be prepared for the fact that Grendels seem to gather in groups, in the gun cabinet.

Comment

• jwynn481
                    Bloodstained
                    • Feb 2018

Comment

Working...
                    X