Geissele Triggers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b2948kevin

I'll go +1 on the Geissele triggers. I own the SSA in my 5.56 and I really enjoy it. Can't compare to some of the others because I haven't tried them.

Comment

Originally posted by BenchRider View Post
      I run the Designated Marksman Rifle two-stage in my 6.5 Grendel and their SSA (not adjustable) in my 5.56 AR. The only problem now is that I've become a "trigger snob" and even the fine single-stage Timney in my 10/22 isn't good enough anymore. Sucks to expect perfectly linear take-up, distinct second stage, and a glass rod break out of every trigger you touch.
      If you were going to use one lower for the two different calibers, which trigger would you choose?
      Last edited by Guest; 04-15-2011, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• El Wray
        Bloodstained
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by davidj View Post
        If you were going to use one lower for the two different calibers, which trigger would you choose?
        In my opinion, it's not the different calibers but the intended purposes of the two uppers/calibers that would determine the trigger...

Close to medium range would be better suited with Geissele's SSA trigger which the SpecOps community seems to be fine with.

Long range/precision would opt for Geissele's High Speed Matches for an adjustable trigger, or what I'm leaning towards is their SSA-E for a non-adjustable trigger.

Check out Geissele's Application Guide on their website. It breaks it down really nicely...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but of those who look on and do nothing." Albert Einstein

www.el-wray.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by El Wray View Post

Close to medium range would be better suited with Geissele's SSA trigger which the SpecOps community seems to be fine with.

Long range/precision would opt for Geissele's High Speed Matches for an adjustable trigger, or what I'm leaning towards is their SSA-E for a non-adjustable trigger.

Check out Geissele's Application Guide on their website. It breaks it down really nicely...

http://geissele.com/applicationguide.aspx
          Thanks....I just ordered an SSA-E

Comment

• El Wray
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2011

Speaking of the SSA-E, has anyone have any experience with the Super Dymanic (SD-) line, particularly the SD-E???
            "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but of those who look on and do nothing." Albert Einstein

www.el-wray.blogspot.com

Comment

Just installed my SSA-E. I suspect it is going to take some getting used to.

Will try it out tomorrow in .223... Still waiting for my 6.5 upper.

Comment

This is certainly the best trigger I have ever used. Too bad the wind was blowing 40 MPH. I look forward to a calm day when I can see if my groups close up.

Comment

• El Wray
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2011

Are there significant differences between the the flat trigger bow (Geissele SD's) compared to curved???

www.el-wray.blogspot.com

Comment

• Inferno333

Originally posted by El Wray View Post
                    Are there significant differences between the the flat trigger bow (Geissele SD's) compared to curved???
                    That's what i'd like to know.

Comment

• El Wray
                      Bloodstained
                      • Mar 2011

More specifically, between the SD-E and SSA-E???

www.el-wray.blogspot.com

Comment

Only difference is one is flat and the other is curved.

Comment

• jp3731
                          Unwashed
                          • Mar 2011

Botactical has 10 percent off thru the holiday and free shipping on orders over $125. I just ordered the Geissele ssa-e for $180. The best deal I could find.
                          My level of creativity is proportional to my level of desperation.

Comment

Originally posted by jp3731 View Post
                            Botactical has 10 percent off thru the holiday and free shipping on orders over $125. I just ordered the Geissele ssa-e for $180. The best deal I could find.

That's a great price.

Comment

• El Wray
                              Bloodstained
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by jp3731 View Post
                              So did I!
                              Great find!

www.el-wray.blogspot.com

Comment

• michaelmew

i don't have a lot of experience with high end triggers. i have a 2 stage RRA NM in my lower that i like just fine. my friend has a 1 stage Timney in his that i don't like.

i am building another AR and want to really go beyond basics on the trigger. could someone reccomend which Geissele trigger would be right for me? I plan on using this gun for hunting, SHTF, and general target shooting. no plans on competing.

Comment

Working...
                                X