CLOSED: Howa 1500 mini-action Bottom Metal (DIPinc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frontier Gear
    Warrior
    • Nov 2017

CLOSED: Howa 1500 mini-action Bottom Metal (DIPinc)

This is for an actual bottom metal for the Howa 1500 mini-action. These are made by Diversified Innovative Products Inc. (DIPinc). Below is the item description from their web site. Since this is a high demand product, we are ordering a batch of 20 directly from them so that the members of the Horde can be sure to get one. DIPinc is also graciously offering a 10% discount and free First Class USPS shipping. DIPinc has been kind enough to offer us three laser engraving options on the side of the mag well.

1. Monster Logo only
    2. "6.5 Grendel" wording only
    3. Both Monster logo and "6.5 Grendel" wording
    The additional cost for the engraving is only $1 per engraving.

Here is how it works. It is actually more of a coupon code than a group by.

They will verify your username on this forum and deduct the shipping cost and 10% off your order.

Our bottom metals will come out of the next batch from the machine shop. It is currently a 5-6 week lead time in the machine shop plus another 7-10 days for anodizing. Once the batch is done, DIPinc will ship them directly to you. Your credit card will not be charged until they ship.

If you have already placed your order and would like to have some laser engraving done, simply email Sales@DIProductsInc.com with your order number and request which engraving option that you would like to add.

Web Site Description
    Aluminum Replacement Trigger Guard for the HOWA MiniAction rifles! Gone are the broken action screw tabs. Direct replacement for the plastic factory trigger guard/mag well. We redesigned the magazine catch spring perch location to add a noticeable amount of tension to help prevent accidental magazine drops.

6061 Aircraft Aluminum
    Fully CNC machined
    Made in the U.S.A. from US bar stock
    Howa MiniAction Aluminum Trigger Guard.png
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 06-18-2018, 10:34 PM. Reason: Added laser engraving options
    Engineer, FFL and Pastor
  • BD264
    Bloodstained
    • Jun 2017

Do you have one personally? I'm tempted to order one.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
      Warrior
      • Nov 2017

Originally posted by BD264 View Post
      Do you have one personally? I'm tempted to order one.
      Forum member usmcm16a2 and I will both have one this weekend for review. Once I get mine installed, I will post a small write up on it. I'm sure that usmcm16a2 will chime in as well.
      Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• bowhunter
        Bloodstained
        • Nov 2017

This is great news! putting my order in now!

Comment

• BD264
          Bloodstained
          • Jun 2017

I ordered one too.

Comment

• grayfox
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2017

I'm in. Order placed.
            "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• Frontier Gear
              Warrior
              • Nov 2017

Mine just showed up. Wow that was fast. This looks to be really nice quality. It is exactly what the factory piece should have been. Guests are on their way over so I can't install it until later tonight, but I will try it out and give you all the details as soon as I can.

UPDATE:
              I got a picture uploaded while they are on their way over. The top one is a factory plastic. The bottom one is the DIPinc aluminum bottom metal.

cdn image server
              Last edited by Frontier Gear; 04-05-2018, 08:27 PM.
              Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

Love this. Why wait for a manufacturer to fix a problem when you can do so much easier yourself. Not a slam toward Howa, don't misunderstand. Simply a free market working as it should to provide goods and services where a need and interest is found. Good job FG, and another tick on the headboard for being a member of the ever growing and thriving HORDE!
                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• usmcm16a2
                  Warrior
                  • Aug 2015

Folks,

Mine is on its way. A2

Comment

• grayfox
                    Chieftain
                    • Jan 2017

Maybe your guests are secretly yearning to see an install demo -- ROTFL!!!!!
                    The one item particularly is to be tuned in on how to switch the mag release lever/spring/etc from the Howa to the new one.
                    Inquiring minds want to know!!!!
                    "Down the floor, out the door, Go Brandon Go!!!!!"

Comment

• pinetreebbs
                      Warrior
                      • Nov 2013

Great, I can use two, one for my Grendel and one for my x39 Howa.

Order placed.
                      Last edited by pinetreebbs; 04-06-2018, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Frontier Gear
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2017

It's all installed. The mag release spring perch is different, and it really helps. With a shortened lever and the stiffer spring, it looks to me like dropped mags are a thing of the past. Swapping out the mag release, pin and spring wasn't too hard. I could see it being tricky for people, but if you have ever built an AR lower then you can do this. I used a punch that was a bit smaller diameter than the pin to temporarily assemble it. Then I drove out the temporary punch with the pin using a small rubber mallet. Easy Peasy

It fit in the stock like a glove. I installed the front action screw and snugged it down. Then I installed the rear action screw and snugged it down as well. Next I torqued the front one followed by the rear.

The mag installs and releases perfectly. Feeding looks to be just as good as with the factory plastic bottom. It strips the rounds smoothly and didn't try to jam.

Overall I'm very happy with it. A high quality part at a great price. It's less than half the cost of a CDI bottom metal and is a drop in replaement, no custom inletting. It also works with the factory mags and looks to have solved the "dropped mag" problem as well.

The factory plastic is on the right. Notice the difference in the spring perch cut out. With the DIPinc piece, the spring is "pre-loaded".

The factory plastic is on top. You can see the spring on the DIPinc unit sticking out in front of the mag well.

Engineer, FFL and Pastor

Comment

• 6mmTCU
                          Bloodstained
                          • Apr 2017

Great stuff! I just ordered mine ! Thanks for making this possible !

Comment

• Dinny
                            Warrior
                            • Jun 2016

Order placed!

Thanks, Dinny

Comment

• bowhunter
                              Bloodstained
                              • Nov 2017

does the new bottom metal come with the mag release lever or do you have to swap it from the howa one?

Comment

Working...
                              X