What optic are you running on your AR pistol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LRRPF52
    Super Moderator
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Bearcatrp View Post
    Take a look at Burris RT-6. I pulled one off one of my other AR’s and put it on my 12 inch Grendel. Glass is close to the XTR line of scopes. Good price too.
    They are nice. I have a 1.5-6x42 with Ballistic AR reticle. Second Focal Plane and limited usability of the reticle are what kill it for me.

Glass is actually really good, it's lightweight, streamlined, capped knobs, but SFP and the reticle are deal-breakers for me.

Is it better than what I had growing up with? Absolutely. Makes a fine general purpose scope, maybe for hunting, but I need a good reticle.
    Last edited by LRRPF52; 06-16-2018, 08:23 PM.
    NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• Bearcatrp
      Warrior
      • Apr 2018

I wish I could find a 1-8 that I can dial in like my Burris XTR II 4-20. Or does the Burris offer that? Would go on my 12 inch upper. Would want the FFP. I see they offer a dual type but don’t know anything about that.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

I wish I could find a 1-8 that I can dial in like my Burris XTR II 4-20. Or does the Burris offer that? Would go on my 12 inch upper. Would want the FFP. I see they offer a dual type but don’t know anything about that.
        You want target turrets for the elevation?
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• StoneHendge
          Chieftain
          • May 2016

The Nightorce NX8 and Bushnell SMRS do. The Bushie is a pig at around 25 oz and the windage cross hair hash marks are downright silly given the ability to dial and vertical cross hair detail.
          Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Bearcatrp
            Warrior
            • Apr 2018

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
            You want target turrets for the elevation?
            Well, the problem with my 1-6 reticle is it maxes out at 460 yards with a 100 yard zero with data from my testing with 123 SST bullet. If the reticle would have longer cross hairs that I could use the hash marks. Looking at the XTR II 1-8, may be possible as that one is longer. With my XTR II 4-20 on my 338, I can use my ballistic app to see what I need to to dial for 1000 yards for elevation.

Comment

• Bearcatrp
              Warrior
              • Apr 2018

That night force looks like what I’m looking for but out of my price range.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
                Chieftain
                • Oct 2016

That March 1-8 is a Unicorn, standing on the horizon, laughing at me.
                Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                  Chieftain
                  • May 2016

Originally posted by Kswhitetails View Post
                  That March 1-8 is a Unicorn, standing on the horizon, laughing at me.
                  Yeah, the shorty 1-8 with FMC-2 seems to be the one that can do it all. But no sunshade included at that price point is a deal breaker for me
                  Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• Bigs28
                    Chieftain
                    • Feb 2016

I really want the March shorty but the NX8 is $400 cheaper so that is the deal breaker. However I am going to use the March one ring mount on the night force
                    a to save weight.

Comment

• StoneHendge
                      Chieftain
                      • May 2016

This actually pretty much has it all except it's a pig at 25 oz. I'd be all over it if it was 6 oz lighter:

It's a Trijicon, so that extra weight likely gets you a seriously beefy scope that might outlast Rick Grime's Python when the zombie apocalypse comes.
                      Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• BCHunter
                        Warrior
                        • Jan 2018

For 1200 i would just go all in and start looking at the thermal sights. But it does seem to have everything I would need.

Comment

• Bearcatrp
                          Warrior
                          • Apr 2018

I have the Flir PTS233 thermal I picked up last month. Have it on a 16 inch barreled 300 BO. My Grendel has a 12 inch barrel. Tempting but to big and bulky. Want a scope that can utilize the range of my Grendel.

Comment

• BCHunter
                            Warrior
                            • Jan 2018

Always a compromise all the bells and whistles and it's a brick, keep it lite and fast and sacrifice some options

Comment

• StoneHendge
                              Chieftain
                              • May 2016

Originally posted by BCHunter View Post
                              Always a compromise all the bells and whistles and it's a brick, keep it lite and fast and sacrifice some options
                              Targets don't fall down and play dead when you miss them because you sacrificed utility and precision for the sake of weight. I'm in a major conundrum with my lightweight build. One of the precepts was to not sacrifice performance for weight - otherwise it would have a 20 oz MOAish barrel instead of a 31 oz 1/2 MOA barrel....
                              Let's go Brandon!

Comment

• StoneHendge
                                Chieftain
                                • May 2016

$2744 gets it all! https://www.sportoptics.com/nightfor...opes-c597.aspx

21 oz ain't bad considering it has a 34mm tube. And a reticle that borders on pr0n.....

Screenshot_20180615-183548_crop_517x443.jpg

You just better not miss too much. Because everyone at the range will know what your missing with

Screenshot_20180615-183720_crop_480x480.jpg
                                Let's go Brandon!

Comment

Working...
                                X