X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bigs28
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2016

I just got home from the range and man BFT these things shoot. Today I decided to try out the 200 yard range. I was most nervous about the reticle taking up such a large part of the target at 200 yards. The 1.25moa center dot will cover a tad over 2.5" at 200 yards and my bullseye is only 1" but whatever. I learned that the Hornady American Gunner drops 2.5 MOA from 100 to 200 yards out of my rifle. After using a target to get my adjustments made I put out a new target. I have to admit being all honest allot of this is luck being that the reticle covers up the entire bullseye and all these hits but Im going to be proud of it non the less. I have a black powder hunt coming up in 2 weeks so I wont get out with the grendel again till after that but I will be doing my 110g controlled chaos work up right after my hunt.

This is my 200 yard target with Hornady American Gunner

200.jpg

Comment

• Kswhitetails
      Chieftain
      • Oct 2016

That's good enough for a shorty hunter. Congratulations!
      Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• LRRPF52
        Super Moderator
        • Sep 2014

That's awesome. I know that when I was shooting steel plates out to 800yds, it was almost boring, if I hadn't been enjoying it so much from such a compact weapon.

The impact of the 123gr on steel is just very rewarding from something you know you can carry easily.

I was drilling the 800yd buffalo after hitting all the 400-500yd steel plates in Buffalo Canyon.

You can't even see the buffalo at 800yds with the naked eye.

I love it down there. There's a completely different canyon range south of that one that is fed from the same gulch, but with mostly East-facing shooting positions.
        NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• mdewitt71
          Warrior
          • Dec 2016

^^^
          That's what I am talking bout !!
          Who says 12 inches is too short to be effective?
          ― George Orwell

Comment

• Bigs28
            Chieftain
            • Feb 2016

I think I figured out why I keep having failure to feed issues. I noticed last range trip that when it happened it was the second to last round in the magazine everytime. This lead me to investigate my magazine. I opened it up today to clean it and this is what I found.

mag.jpg

I called ASC to buy a new spring since I purchased the magazine over 2 years ago from alexander arms. They asked me to send them a picture so they knew which spring it was and immediately said they would send me a new spring out today no charge. They were shocked at the brake. Sara at ASC made the comments that their is no rust on the spring and they are clean brakes. I was pretty amazed by their customer service being that this magazine was purchased so long ago from alexander arms. Bad news is I dont have another magazine to go shooting tomorrow.

Comment

• Bigs28
              Chieftain
              • Feb 2016

My rifle is finally done. I got my cryptic coatings bcg in a couple of days ago and went shooting today. As advertised I did not put any lube on it at all. There was some residual lube inside the upper receiver from my previous bcg. The bcg itself is very slick in the hand. It will slip out of your hands if your not careful. I fired about 40 shots total today doing some load development and here are a few pictures of the bcg. The pictures are before I shot, after I shot, once I removed it from my upper, and the last two are after I wiped it off with an old t-shirt. No solvents, no tooth brush, just whiped it off. I also shoot suppressed which dirties things up a little bit.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Bigs28; 09-13-2018, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X