• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NugginFutz
    Chieftain
    • Aug 2013

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
    Clearly not on any range, as there are buildings in the background. Wall mounted AC next to each window.

A little photoshopping, and this can became a classic meme.

"So, you think your job sucks."
    If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

Comment

Originally posted by NugginFutz View Post
      Clearly not on any range, as there are buildings in the background. Wall mounted AC next to each window.
      "So, you think your job sucks."
      I like the caption! But, some folks may think buildings make fine backstops..and is certainly in line with the facial expression of the "target stand." (Resigned to one's fate...)

Comment

• explorecaves

If it is china and located in one of their empty mega cities they have built the last few years, then it very well could be a viable range....

Comment

• jawbone
          Warrior
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Drifter View Post
          and it's portable, for a while.

Comment

If you want to construct some affordable, but durable structures for this, I suggest looking into SuperAdobe. You use tubular sand bags like long lego blocks, filled with sand-based cement. Very cheap, and stronger than most structures out there. They broke all the engineering test equipment for San Bernadino County for CA earthquake code.

Not if filled with sand based cement which bonds the sand together, doesn't mater if the bag gets ripped, the sand is solid concrete. You use this for the structure and fill the structure with dirt for an impact area. This way the energy from the bullet is dissipated before reaching the bags you wan't 5-10 feet of dirt in front of the structure. No bullet will penetrate that, not even a 50BMG or whatever Cheyteck.

I don't want to be a naysayer on the tire ideas, but as the president of the Florida Sport Shooting Association, I get to see a lot of problems with ranges. Two problems with tires, large caliber, low velocity bullets bounce back from them, think subsonic 45ACP, and high intensity bullets can cause them to catch fire. We recently lost an entire range due to this. When tires catch fire, putting them out is a major issue, every government entity up to the state and some times Federal will step in to "Help" you.
            Bob
            Last edited by Guest; 07-07-2014, 12:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X