• hill37
    Warrior
    • Apr 2017

FoldAR

Something new.https://foldar.com/home
  • Sticks
    Chieftain
    • Dec 2016

A fancy home page of the letters "FA" moving around?
    Screenshot_2018-10-07 FoldAR - Home FoldAR.png
    Last edited by Sticks; 10-07-2018, 09:48 PM.
    Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• hill37
      Warrior
      • Apr 2017

That's funny(strange). It loads the whole web sight for me. I'm computer challenged so I probably did some thing wrong. It's a new foldable AR in 6.5 Grendel

Comment

• Sticks
        Chieftain
        • Dec 2016

Must be a firefox thing, maybe something to do with my privacy settings. Works in Chrome OK.

Different though. Not a repeatable sub MOA gun fore sure, but I can see the value as a BUG/trunk/pickup rifle or pistol
        Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• JASmith
          Chieftain
          • Sep 2014

I sent a query to find out what hoops those of us who live in California need to jump through to get one.
          shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
          -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• DDRanch
            Warrior
            • Jul 2017

Pretty pricey but nice toy!

Comment

• hill37
              Warrior
              • Apr 2017

Company rep on AR15.com says no trouble with zero. https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Fo...l-/124-731648/

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2015

Looks perrty cool.

Very smart group of guys at that company, might have to drop them a email and put a bug in their ear to redesign the whole ar15 platform to allow a longer coal in the mag's.

With stuff like this I bet they could do it.

Comment

• JASmith
                  Chieftain
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by A5BLASTER View Post
                  Looks perrty cool.

Very smart group of guys at that company, might have to drop them a email and put a bug in their ear to redesign the whole ar15 platform to allow a longer coal in the mag's.

With stuff like this I bet they could do it.
                  shootersnotes.com

"To those who have fought and almost died for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
                  -- Author Unknown

"If at first you do succeed, try not to look astonished!" -- Milton Berle

Comment

• A5BLASTER
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2015

Originally posted by JASmith View Post
                    They probably can and, hopefully, have thought about it.

But, we need to be careful about what we ask for.

Let’s suppose that the deeper mag allows an extra O.2 inches of COAL. Then let’s ask us what the added length buys us.

Next, folks who want 50 fps more velocity will want to blow the ahoulder forward like was done with Von Gruff’s Grendel Max. We suddenly have a wildcat that can only digest handloaded ammunition.

Might be better to wish for a fatter and deeper magazine allong with a strong bolt face so the BR type cartridges can be used. Then we get both a credible velocity increase and can use longer bullets.

Oops, the resulting rifle is not quite an AR10 frame but is not an AR 15 either.

Would it not be smarter to accept the small hike in length and weight of the AR10 and reap the performance benefits gained by the Creedmoor?
                    All good thoughts.

I can only speak for myself but I think whatever cartridge one would use in a new lower would be just great.

I say this coming from a outlook as a civilian, what could be done with it from a military standpoint and what parts side's that would have to change and not be mil spec doesn't really bother me, I see it as a way to get a bit more performance on a already light and compact platform.

If what I think could be done is possible your not acctulay changing the over all length or width of the lower it would simple be useing more of the waisted open space of the trigger well and moving the bolt catch and mag release back a few thousands of a inch.

Ofcourse the size of the trigger/hammer would have to change a lil and the hammer pin hole would have to move a lil as well.

In the end it's just wishful thinking of a tinker and we will probably never see such a new platform, but it sure would be great for the tinker/handloader.

With the right cnc tooling and computer programming anything is possible now days, wish I had the money cause I sure would have it and be pumping them out lol.

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                      Warrior
                      • Apr 2013

I today sent the following email-request to FoldAR Vice President Sales & Marketing, Aaron Weinstein ---

(https://www.foldar.com/product-category/uppers)

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                        Warrior
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by SHORT-N-SASSY View Post
                        I today sent the following email-request to FoldAR Vice President Sales & Marketing, Aaron Weinstein ---

(https://www.foldar.com/product-category/uppers)

I today received the following email-reply from FoldAR : "You will see that standalone upper available within the next week!"

Comment

• SHORT-N-SASSY
                          Warrior
                          • Apr 2013

FoldAR has since updated their website to include:

"FOLDAR 6.5 GRENDEL COMPLETE 16" UPPER - MSRP: $850.00"

"FOLDAR 6.5 GRENDEL COMPLETE 20" UPPER - MSRP: $850.00"

Comment

• Sticks
                            Chieftain
                            • Dec 2016

Who makes the barrel?
                            Sticks

Catchy sig line here.

Comment

• hill37
                              Warrior
                              • Apr 2017

Any idea who their "well known" parent company is? That may give a clue to the barrel they use.

Comment

Working...
                              X