+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: M1A Scope Mount suggestions requested

davidj
    The Nov. 2009 issue of Shooting Times' cover article was titled "Scope your M1A!"(shining the light on M1A optic mounts).
    It was writen by Joseph von Benedikt. It is a very good study of your problem. If you can not locate it let me know and I will LOAN you my copy.
    Dave

Found it:
    http://www.shootingtimes.com/2010/09...ourm1a_200911/
    Last edited by davidj; 01-14-2012 at 05:03 PM. Reason: add info

wiuprof
    I have the Springfield Armory one piece mount for my National Match M1-A and it is a very solid mount. It's very similar to this one.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/springfi...pe-mounts.html

This is my rifle with a 6x-24x Burris scope.

Schwag173
    Quote Originally Posted by pkcorc30 View Post
    Greetings ALL:

So, does anyone have any recommendations for a scope mount fitting weaver or Pictatinny rings in the $200 price range? pkcorc30
    http://www.smithenterprise.com/products09.html M14 Scope Mount, Wire EDM, NSN 5855-01-506-5750

My standard-barrel SA M1A shot 1.5 MOA with this mount and as you might imagine I was very happy with it. I sold the M1A to fund my Grendel build but still have the mount. If you want, it's yours for $200 ($275 new). PM me if you want photos.

i also use a sa mount. i think it is a gen2 or 3. i didnt have much luck either.......

IRONFINS
    Like earlier, I have found not all receiver specs are the same. Sadlak makes the best I have seen, followed by Smith Enterprises. They are pricey, but everything for an M1A is. Sadlaks website advertises how to measure your receiver. They state some hand fitting maybe required, or you can mail it to them to have it fitted. Also the accuracy issues found in the M1A, are mainly because the M1A is NOT the M14. The M14 was made from bar stock, not forged. Also the M14 has a rear lug. For years there have been complaints about the quality of parts and whether or not Springfield uses USGI or knock-offs. Springfield Armory is not the same company as the M14 stamped Springfield. They use the folk lore and similar name to sell M1As. I found this out the way most do. My dad talked about how great the M14 was in Vietnam and how he didn't like the M16. He would talk about shooting long range with irons, then with a scope. With all do respect, most vets I have heard talk about Vietnam, talk about the M14 like it was the right hand of God, and the enemy didn't have a weapon to give them a fair chance against it. I used the M16/M4 weapons when I was in and we butted heads over the reliability. I have an M1A. Think I will sell it and buy a Grendel. After all, were talking 60 year old technology shooting a 60 year old bullet. It's sad the US has been stuck on the .30 caliber thing for years. The Europeans have used 6.5s since WWII with success. I am glad they are catching on over here, especially with the bench-rest guys. There's my .02 cents.

Schwag173
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwag173 View Post
    http://www.smithenterprise.com/products09.html M14 Scope Mount, Wire EDM, NSN 5855-01-506-5750

My standard-barrel SA M1A shot 1.5 MOA with this mount and as you might imagine I was very happy with it. I sold the M1A to fund my Grendel build but still have the mount. If you want, it's yours for $200 ($275 new). PM me if you want photos.
    I still have this M1A mount if anyone wants it. I need the money to continue feeding my Grendel habit ...

Grimmy
    I have a McCann Industries M1A mount rock solid And I am 110% satisfied with this mount. I installed per instructions and have been shooting this configuration for three years now.

+ Reply to Thread