Midway Satern 6.5 Grendel barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midway Satern 6.5 Grendel barrels

Midway has what they call 6.5 Grendel Barrels, currently out of stock, but available for backorder. Since Satern changed to the .264 LBC barrel according to their site, are these barrels going to come in chambered in 6.5 Grendel or .264 LBC?

Since SAAMI approved the 6.5 Grendel and Bill A. released it, will they start chambering in 6.5 Grendel or will they remain .264 LBC?

• bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Good question. Someone posted that they had called Satern and been told that they would be chambered in Grendel, they were just waiting to make sure the trademark had been released, but that is just hearsay, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

• salm0trutta

I would be pretty confident that as of today they are .264 LBC. I called, talked to Deb at Satern, and was told clearly that they will not be producing 6.5 Grendel chambers until they have explicit legal permission to use the 6.5 G name.

Now here is what I GUESS! Purely my own opinion. I suspect they got a "stop manufacturing" order a while back as AA was switching around their barrel suppliers. I suspect they are just being careful, and want to make sure the original mandate is no longer in effect.

Deb said they would "like" to build 6.5 G barrels again, but are waiting on clarification before even ordering the reamer! She will put you on a wait list and let you know when they start building 6.5 G barrels again. I haven't got my email yet.

But as said above - best to call yourself, so your exact question is answered.
      Last edited by Guest; 01-18-2012, 09:27 PM. Reason: spelling...

Comment

thanks for the info, how long ago did you talk to her? As of right now, anyone can buy a reamer and chamber to the 6.5G specs, as stated right on the AA site:

Another thing, I talked to AA and middle of February they are coming out with a larger assortment of barrels, lengths, fluting, etc, so that will be good to see, I hope that their supplier can supply them what they need to keep them in stock, something that appears to be a problem across the industry....heck, I guess maybe I need to open a new business

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

I'm in the 4th month of waiting for a 7mm WSM barrel, so the issue is industry wide.

Anyone that could come out with a decent product and deliver it at a decent price and consistently could make lots of money, at least from the way the industry plays it right now!

Comment

thats for sure....since you are so active on the forums and have a passion for it and the knowledge...??? just a thought

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

LOL !!!! Nope, no way!!!!! Needs all kinds of equipment! The deep hole driller alone is around a cool mil!

Comment

I feel your pain...I waited almost a year for a .243 Winchester barrel

Comment

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                  LOL !!!! Nope, no way!!!!! Needs all kinds of equipment! The deep hole driller alone is around a cool mil!
                  its called 'investors' son....

Comment

• salm0trutta

I talked to Deb around Christmas, AFTER the release of the Grendel trademark. I am sure they are aware of the release, but staring at one piece of paper that says "you can", and one that says "you can't". I am sure they are doing what they believe is in their best interest. It took about 6 phone calls to get through, but Deb was very helpful, and a pleasure to deal with. I only wish they offered to build me a barrel......

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by elkbow View Post
                      its called 'investors' son....
                      Well, if you've got one with those kinds of pockets, let me know!!

Comment

Originally posted by salm0trutta View Post
                        I talked to Deb around Christmas, AFTER the release of the Grendel trademark. I am sure they are aware of the release, but staring at one piece of paper that says "you can", and one that says "you can't". I am sure they are doing what they believe is in their best interest. It took about 6 phone calls to get through, but Deb was very helpful, and a pleasure to deal with. I only wish they offered to build me a barrel......
                        maybe you can convince them because we want a true "6.5 grendel"

Comment

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                          Well, if you've got one with those kinds of pockets, let me know!!
                          its not just finding someone with the $, its talking them in to it lol

Comment

I'll make Grendel barrel ......if someone can buy me the equipment.

Comment

Midway just notified me that my barrel/bolt shipped and they are now showing the 'available', get 'em while you can

Comment

Working...
                              X