Midway Satern 6.5 Grendel barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mako Defense

Coming into this thread a little late, but I wanted to mention that at SHOT Show, the guys from Satern stopped by our booth (they have the past several years). We had some Alexander Arms rifles on the wall that they noticed, and I asked them about the trademark release on the 6.5 Grendel and what it meant to them. I will not go into detail on the discussion, due to my position in the industry and the fact that it is not all relevant to this discussion, but they indicated to me that they will not be changing their chambers or using the 6.5 Grendel name.

Comment

While at SHOT SHOW we instructed our employees, if asked, to make it clear we were only making the 264 LBC. We have been waiting for the trademarks to be DEAD on the USPTO website. According the USPTO, the paperwork for the trademark 6.5 Grendel was filed January 28, 2012 and the mark became DEAD February 15, 2012. The marks GREN and GRENDEL were declared DEAD on February 13, 2012. (See www.uspto.gov )After discussion with our trademark attorney, doing our due diligence, we finally had documentation and that there should be no problem using the trademarks.
      Steven and I have decided to add the 6.5 Grendel onto our long list of chamberings that we produce. We have ordered the reamers, secured our bolt/extension sources and will be coming out shortly with a list of standard contours for our customers to choose from. The price of the 6.5 Grendel will be lower than our previous regular priced Grendels due to not having a royalty arrangement with Alexander Arms this time around. Our business has grown considerably in the last year and we have added more machines and personnel to make your barrels more efficiently. Our barrels are made completely in house (from raw material to end product) by seasoned employees under Mr. Satern’s direction. Each barrel is proudly made in the USA.
      We will continue to manufacture the 264 LBC for our customers who want this chambering, along with 300 Blackouts, 308, 556, 6.8, 7.62x39, 6.5 Creedmoor, and a long list of other chamberings.
      Please watch our website for our Grendel addition to the caliber line up.
      Debra Satern

Comment

I really like my Satern barrels, and look forward to having more. I've got a 6.5 Creedmoor on order now.

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Wow! Very nice to actually hear from Satern directly! Thanks Debra! It's great to hear that news. I was interested in your double fluted ultra light style Grendel carbine barrel before, and now it's back on my short list again!

Again: Thanks for the direct info and I hope to see many more super acurrate barrels with real Grendel chambers out there in the future!
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• jawbone
            Warrior
            • Jan 2012

That's some wonderful news from Satern. Very much looking forward to their Grendel products.

Comment

• leopard6.5

Debra: Thanks for taking the time to keep us informed and thank you to both you and Steve for getting us back into the Satern Grendel game.

I also love your double fluted Spartan barrels and now I won't have to wait too long for the next one.

Keep up the great work.

Lee

Comment

• txgunner00
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by satern View Post
                While at SHOT SHOW we instructed our employees, if asked, to make it clear we were only making the 264 LBC. We have been waiting for the trademarks to be DEAD on the USPTO website. According the USPTO, the paperwork for the trademark 6.5 Grendel was filed January 28, 2012 and the mark became DEAD February 15, 2012. The marks GREN and GRENDEL were declared DEAD on February 13, 2012. (See www.uspto.gov )After discussion with our trademark attorney, doing our due diligence, we finally had documentation and that there should be no problem using the trademarks.
                Steven and I have decided to add the 6.5 Grendel onto our long list of chamberings that we produce. We have ordered the reamers, secured our bolt/extension sources and will be coming out shortly with a list of standard contours for our customers to choose from. The price of the 6.5 Grendel will be lower than our previous regular priced Grendels due to not having a royalty arrangement with Alexander Arms this time around. Our business has grown considerably in the last year and we have added more machines and personnel to make your barrels more efficiently. Our barrels are made completely in house (from raw material to end product) by seasoned employees under Mr. Satern’s direction. Each barrel is proudly made in the USA.
                We will continue to manufacture the 264 LBC for our customers who want this chambering, along with 300 Blackouts, 308, 556, 6.8, 7.62x39, 6.5 Creedmoor, and a long list of other chamberings.
                Please watch our website for our Grendel addition to the caliber line up.
                Debra Satern
                Great news! Looks like I need to add some more Satern barrels to my collection.
                NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

I have an 18" Satern, fluted, never built/mounted... up for sale...first $600.

Cliff Griffin
                  cliffgriffin@yahoo.com

Comment

• WildBill3/75

twist ratio? threaded? matching bolt? what length gas system.

Comment

• MedicMan218

Originally posted by WildBill3/75 View Post
                      twist ratio? threaded? matching bolt? what length gas system.
                      x2
                      And what city are you in Cliff?

Comment

I love my satern bull. She prints half inch groups or a shade better at 100 yards.

Comment

Working...
                        X