• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Stan Crist Article on the Grendel From the old site Part 2

• longdayjake

Any word on Stan's status? It has been a while since we have heard from him.

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

No, Stan hasn't answered emails for many months, long before the old board crashed. I've tried to Google him, no luck. I can find articles, etc., but no contact information.

Comment

take care stan, Wei hope you get better.

Comment

• montana
          Chieftain
          • Jun 2011

Words to live by Stan. Keep a stiff upper lip, Hope for the best, Montana.

Comment

• Pancho Villa

I would love those pics myself, if Paul or Rick don't take you up soon.

I am new to this community, but I'm sorry to hear where the MS is going. Here's to an easy ride.

Comment

Stan,

Sorry to hear that MS is kicking your butt. There has got to be something that can help from the holistic side. I pestered the guys at DSA about the RPD more than once, and made sure they knew that steel case is around the corner. $0.30-$0.40 per round is a lot better than the 6.8 they had it chambered in, with the longer-range ballistics. I don't know what they were thinking by doing that, but it is way better than 7.62x39 I guess.

Comment

• sneaky one
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Be strong Stan, never surrender!, remember how I thought you were a Demi- God, from the start ? You still are. You will always be- the BEST READ- on this forum, remember my joke on your Avatar ? You shot me down with perfect professionalism, and I thank you. To everyone else.. send all you can to an MS- find a cure fund.

Comment

• Variable
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Stan, if you go into assisted living you better forward me pics of who the candidates are. We won't have you getting scrubbed by somebody ugly!!! Hang tough sci-fi brother!

P.S.- when she ain't scrubbing you she can post here for you! If Stephen Hawking can do so much, we sure ain't gonna cotton to any slacking on your part!!!
                  Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                  We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Stan -- Best wishes! We've all learned a lot from our debates.

Hope to see you back sooner rather than later!

Warm regards,
                    Joe

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

Stan,

I'm deeply saddened to hear of the progression of your MS. I have enjoyed our many discussions over the years, and appreciated it (even when I might not have demonstrated it very well) when you educated me on some point of which I was ignorant.

I hope that this is merely an exacerbation, and not a permanent worsening, and that you might see some improvement.

Are your powers of speech still intact? If so, Dragon Dictate may be an option to allow you to continue to write and maintain an online presence. That might also require an update in your computer system, though! Last I remember, you were using a system that was 10 years old or older.

Please let us know if you are moving, and when, if possible. There may be some options available to help.

Once again, great thanks for your many contributions through the years, and I hope that we will still be privy to more!

Comment

• RangerRick

Stan,

My sister has MS and could only move one hand before she started on some new medications. She is walking with assistance now, so there is always hope.

No matter what happens, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. I haven't given up on a Grendel LMG, hope to fire one day.

It's been an honor.

RR

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                          Administrator
                          • Feb 2011

Stan, keep with us as long as you can. Your bright mind and lively discussion are always a great asset to us all.

John
                          :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Stan,

I will hope for the best for you, I have enjoyed reading your posts on here as I lurk in the background. Good juju and a candle will be lit and sent your way.

Greg

Comment

• bwaites
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc
                              Hey, all. I posted the above back in January. To my surprise, I managed to make it almost a year, but the MS has finally reached the point where I can delay no longer. Tomorrow morning I'm scheduled to move to a "residential care" facility in Escondido.

I'll probably never get to shoot a Grendel, but it's possible that I may have internet access, which will enable me to continue to harass the horde.

Adios, amigos!
                              Stan, how about an address of the facility? You can PM me if possible!

Comment

Working...
                              X