+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Contradicting feedback on the 6.5Grendel for hunting

Reaper1
    Mostly articles out of magazines as well as a few other forums. None of which were dedicated to the 6.5 grendel like this one though!!!!

Deezil
    people shoot deer with a .223, whoever is calling this a coyote round is extremely clueless.

JASmith
    Try looking at this article comparing the 6.5 Grendel with others:
    http://shootersnotes.com/grendelmani...or-large-game/
    You'll see that the Hornady HITS methodology tells us that the Grendel is easily the equal or better than the .243 Winchester and the .257 Roberts with classic ammunition. The methodology also suggests that the Grendel is superior to the 6.8 at all ranges. The article shows that the 30-30 beats the Grendel at the muzzle, but the Grendel is doing better by 300 yards (also a tad flatter shooting than the old thutty-thutty!).
    Last edited by JASmith; 02-08-2012 at 03:23 AM. Reason: Make URL work

65man
    jasmith,

I think thew link is not working page not found.

thanks

NRA Member, SAF Member Central Washington State
    Quote Originally Posted by 65man View Post
    jasmith,

I think thew link is not working page not found.

thanks
    Try this one, don't know why that link broke:

http://shootersnotes.com/grendelmani...or-large-game/
    Gun Confiscation WILL NOT Happen In My Lifetime. Pat Kelley 1998

NOR IN MINE!

JASmith
    The problem might have been in the word wrap or the period at the end of the sentence.

In any event, bwaites gave us one that works and I've edited the original post, so it should work in both places.

If it doesn't, go to shootersnotes.com, select "Grendelmania" and then "Grendel Potential for Large Game."

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper1 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Several sources I have talked to say that the 6.5 Grendel would be nothing better than a coyote round. Others, like yourself, are saying that it is a great deer rifle. I am a huge fan of the AR platform and have a strong interest in this particular round.
    Shhh! Don't tell this guy I was using a "coyote" round fired out of a 10.5" barrel to kill him and a bunch of his relatives.....

They might get mad at me and stop falling DRT if they hear I'm not using enough gun.LOL!!!

Schwag173
    Well said, Variable.

LightningII
    If you can put a properly constructed bullet in the right place, you can cleanly take game at a given range. The whole "caliber A is great and caliber B sucks" argument is a lot of wasted effort.
    would I use a Grendel on a 400 yard elk? No.
    Did Mark Larue? Yes.
    Mark Larue is an experienced long range shooter, and you can bet he got a ton of range and field time on his Grendel before he went elk hunting, so more power to him. That's what counts.

Bill Alexander
    Very well put. I am watching a lot of people spend way too much time morphing their "favorite" caliber into the "best" at whatever they think will catch peoples attention.

There is an edge of pride in seeing Grendel owners who do not care what the latest internet fad is, or better yet do not even know what is going on because they are actually out shooting.

On hunting, the man who is good enough that he only ever has to measure his shots in feet is in my opinion the better hunter. Still it is nice to now that you can reach out as needed.

+ Reply to Thread