+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CFE 223, Hybrid 100v

Unwashed

CFE 223, Hybrid 100v

Has anyone loaded with either of these two powders? I can't find any load data for the grendel with these? I thought I might try them since I will be trying them in some other rifles.

Warrior
    Hybrid 100v is a bust with the Grendel, too slow.

Have not yet tried CFE 223 and Hodgdon did not have data to hand when I asked. I still need to chase down Leverevolution loads. Too many powders not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Alexander View Post
    Hybrid 100v is a bust with the Grendel, too slow.

Have not yet tried CFE 223 and Hodgdon did not have data to hand when I asked. I still need to chase down Leverevolution loads. Too many powders not enough time.
    I had pretty good luck with LeveRevolution with 130 grain Swift Sciroccos. I couldn't get the same muzzle velocity with 120-123 grain bullets as I do with 2520 without showing flattened primers.

The LeveRevolution was also very dirty. Don't know if that was from poor combustion in my 20 inch barrel or not.

RR

Unwashed
    Thanks guys, I wanted to pick up some 2520 but they were out.

Warrior
    I have used TAC, 2520, IMR8208, and LeveRevolution with the 123 grainers. I think CFE223 and Pro Varmint might work well as well. LeveR may be the ticket(for ease and velocity), but I'm still going through my Hornady loaded Amax and the 115 Bergers through AA. Not sure if anything will match the temp insensitivity of 8208 though. I really think if you find a load that your rifle likes with any of them, you'll be good to go.

The H100v I've used in both my 7mm SAUM(all bullets) and a 7mm Rem mag and 139gr bullets. Waaaay to slow for the 6.5G.

+ Reply to Thread