WTB 6.5 Grendel for 11 year old Daughter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB 6.5 Grendel for 11 year old Daughter

My little girl has been hunting since age 7 when she got her first Turkey. 2 Seasons ago she got her first Bear with a 7.62 x 39 AR. and last season harvested her first Buck and Doe Whitetail. The farmer who's land she shoot the Bear on has now invited her out to his ranch in Colorado to Elk and Mule deer hunt this fall.

She is a little tack Driver at a hundred and we will start working our way out to she how far she can stretch out a good group.

What I am looking for is a 20" or so Barrel or upper. Weight is not that big of a deal because she only weighs in at 50lbs so she shoots off of a Bi or tri-pod.

I will need something that I can put a Break on though. She has had several Heart surgeries so I need to be able to reduce the Recoil.

I need to keep the price as reasonable as possible if you think you might have something please let me know.
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Hey, g-dogs-- cool video-wish my son would hunt more often w/me-your'e a lucky guy. As far as a rifle for daughter- have you looked at all the options ?, so many out there . On the for sale listing here, a short and handy 14.5 is there-, plus more with longer bbls. It's easy to build your own too. I'm in talks with my hunt pal to sell him my 20" AA upper., as I would like a lighter rifle for my walk-stalk-sit, style of deer hunting.Your girl is an awesome shot, btw. Congrats on the bear. Contact AA- maybe they can help on the price? Ask nice, and the right people shall come forth to help..
    Last edited by sneaky one; 02-13-2012, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• IndyGrendel63

Originally posted by gooddogs View Post
      My little girl has been hunting since age 7 when she got her first Turkey. 2 Seasons ago she got her first Bear with a 7.62 x 39 AR. and last season harvested her first Buck and Doe Whitetail. The farmer who's land she shoot the Bear on has now invited her out to his ranch in Colorado to Elk and Mule deer hunt this fall.

She is a little tack Driver at a hundred and we will start working our way out to she how far she can stretch out a good group.

What I am looking for is a 20" or so Barrel or upper. Weight is not that big of a deal because she only weighs in at 50lbs so she shoots off of a Bi or tri-pod.

I will need something that I can put a Break on though. She has had several Heart surgeries so I need to be able to reduce the Recoil.

I need to keep the price as reasonable as possible if you think you might have something please let me know.
      Hey gooddogs, I have a AA hunter upper with a AA flash hider that I am looking to get rid of, decided I want something heavier actually. It isn't a bad weight for hunting, my 11 year old daughter took it deer hunting last fall and she only weighs about 65-70 lbs wet. She has shot it a couple of times and she can tolerate it, but she does like to shoot the DCM AR-15 better because of the lower recoil. Let me know if you are interested and I can send you some pics, etc.
      Thanks,
      Indy

Comment

That is awesome. A bull barrel will help reduce felt recoil too. I would be concerned about the extreme muzzle blast from a break, unless she has double ear pro in. Have you thought about a suppressor? That would be the most pleasant for her. I'll talk to some guys and get back to you.

Are you in a State where you can legally purchase suppressors? What about hunting with them?

Comment

• Variable
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
          That is awesome. A bull barrel will help reduce felt recoil too. I would be concerned about the extreme muzzle blast from a break, unless she has double ear pro in. Have you thought about a suppressor? That would be the most pleasant for her. I'll talk to some guys and get back to you.

Are you in a State where you can legally purchase suppressors? What about hunting with them?
          ^
          |
          This (if at all legal). A twenty inch non-fluted tube of decent contour with a suppressor would be a true pussycat for her to shoot. Plus the grin on her face (and yours!) when she punches the lights out on her target without even needing ear pro would be priceless...
          Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
          We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

Please pm me the details of your upper.

Comment

• txgunner00
              Chieftain
              • Mar 2011

Very cool. I hope my daughter keeps up her interest in hunting and shooting. She's 7 and I've only had opportunities to take her dove hunting but she loves it.
              NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Consider using a 100gr premium bullet - Barnes of Nosler Partition to help to reduced recoil.

Comment

Keep us informed how your daughter does with hunting. I think I speak for all of us that it warms my heart to hear that your little lady enjoys hunting so much.

Comment

possible rifle for your daughter...

Hello man! I have an Alexander Arms 19 .5 inch Hunter rifle that might interest you.
                    The rifle has an Alexander Arms lower and Alexander Arms upper and a custom stainless steel barrel that is an absolute Tack Driver.
                    I have all invoices to prove expenditures. It has a Geissele trigger group. Truly though, I am wanting to keep that. I do have a Mil-Spec trigger that will be included though.
                    Please consider my rifle. It truly is a very accurate weapon. I am wanting to build some .223 rifles as I have several 5 gal buckets of brass.
                    Perhaps I am making an error...but I feel its time to sell.
                    Please let me know if your interested...
                    Brian Scott Pinson

Comment

Working...
                    X