Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated the projectile picture. 123gr SST isn't on this one. A bunch of others aren't either.

Comment

• I check this thread every time it is updated hoping to see the ABLR on here. I leave disappointed every time.

Comment

• When I was talking with another customer at Sportsman's, he said that they put out some of the other caliber of Nosler ABLR, and he snagged them. Don't recall if it was .277" or 7mm, but he said the ogives are way long on them, which is what gives it a lot of BC.

Midway has some 150gr 7mm ABLR in stock right now.

Comment

• Slappy
          Warrior
          • Feb 2014

Has anyone ordered any of the new Cutting Edge bullets? They look like an awesome bullet to load and they state they have them in every caliber now. Their videos are great. I do not reload but would like to know if someone does with these just to know. BANG BANG!!

Comment

• explorecaves

BC for the Barnes TAC-TX is listed as 0.359 per http://www.barnesbullets.com/product...ac-tx-bullets/

this also happens to be the same as the Barnes TTSX which leads me to believe they are the same bullet but labeled differently....

Comment

• ramslammer
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2014

G'Day All
              A bloke here in AUS (Taipan Bullets) makes a 76grn 6.5 bullet. I'v used them in the 260 and reckon they'd be the ducks guts in a Grendel. Don't know how they'd go in a 8-9 twist though?
              Juddy

Comment

• Can you send pictures?

Comment

• ramslammer
                  Bloodstained
                  • Jan 2014

G'Day
                  These are little monsters when they hit a wallaby. Next to a 120 grn SMK for comparison.

The bloke is Malcom Bone and this is the link to his bullet list http://www.bulletmaker.com/Bults/Jret.htm .
                  Attached Files

Comment

• ramslammer
                    Bloodstained
                    • Jan 2014

G'Day JASmith
                    I really enjoyed the handbooks and one for bolt guns would be interesting. We can't have any semi auto centerfires in AUS so a bolt is our best option.
                    Juddy

Comment

• Originally posted by ramslammer View Post
                      G'Day JASmith
                      I really enjoyed the handbooks and one for bolt guns would be interesting. We can't have any semi auto centerfires in AUS so a bolt is our best option.
                      Juddy
                      I hear you!

I just recently joined the ranks of those who use the Grendel in the TC Encore. I am learning that it is a shooter!

We have discussed the possibility of a devoted bolt gun volume or chapter. The real issue is whether the bolt gun requires (or allows) essential differences in handloading procedures or techniques compared to the AR platform.

We might want to explore this question in a thread in the 6.5 Grendel Bolt Actions & Single Shots forum. That could help us decide how to proceed.

Cheers!

Comment

• LRRPF52
                        Super Moderator
                        • Sep 2014

Added 95gr Lehigh Defense Controlled Chaos, with .374 BC.

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• LRRPF52
                          Super Moderator
                          • Sep 2014

1st row is 85gr-120gr
                          2nd row is 123gr-130gr
                          3rd row is 139gr-160gr

NRA Basic, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, RSO

CCW, CQM, DM, Long Range Rifle Instructor

6.5 Grendel Reloading Handbooks & chamber brushes can be found here:

www.AR15buildbox.com

Comment

• txgunner00
                            Chieftain
                            • Mar 2011

Nice
                            NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• ramslammer
                              Bloodstained
                              • Jan 2014

G'Day
                              Here's one from Aussie Custom Projectiles http://www.auscp.net.au/www.auscp.ne...6.5_120gr.html I think Adam has asked them to make a 100grn version.
                              Juddy

Comment

• Savage Shooter
                                Warrior
                                • Dec 2014

Another new 6.5 bullet. "Introducing The New 6.5mm 130gr AR Hybrid OTM Tactical Bullet!" http://www.bergerbullets.com/new-65-...-otm-tactical/

It might be a bit heavy for the Grendel, but with a G1 BC of .584 (2500 - 3000 fps) compared to the 123 Amax's 0.510, FOR SOME Grendel barrels it might offer some long range possibilities.

"The 6.5mm 130 grain AR Hybrid will be barely stable from a 1:9” twist, and reaches full stability from a 1:8” twist which is common for many 6.5mm rifles. Visit the Berger Bullets twist rate calculator to get more detailed stability information on your specific barrel twist, muzzle velocity and environment."
                                My "6.5" = 24" AA Overwatch upper 1/9 twist, NC based US Tactical lower, standard A4 6 position stock, AR Gold Trigger, JPS SCS buffer, Vortex 6-24 x 50 FFP PST with EBR-2C MOA reticle

Comment

Working...
                                X